Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default ok quick check list for install of bamf!

    Ok sorry I just need to make sure I run through this before I embark. Will be starting with a fresh root.
    -First install the radio here
    -download and install remix found here
    -Just to be sure I dont have to install the base first right? the base is just the unthemed version of bamf remix? thanks in advance!
  2. #2  
    Forgetful's Avatar
    Energy hoarder

    Posts
    1,463 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,473 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock rooted

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hurang View Post
    Ok sorry I just need to make sure I run through this before I embark. Will be starting with a fresh root.
    -First install the radio here
    -download and install remix found here
    -Just to be sure I dont have to install the base first right? the base is just the unthemed version of bamf remix? thanks in advance!
    Yup you're good to go. Just install the ~220MB remix zip, no need for base.

    Make a back up of your current rom thou... Just in case...
    Also clear all data and both caches in CWR.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default

    ok, but I definately install the radio first? And for all the updates like "Quick Office Fix" and "Browser fix" found on the bamf 1.5 thread, you just install those after?
  4. #4  
    Forgetful's Avatar
    Energy hoarder

    Posts
    1,463 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,473 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock rooted

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hurang View Post
    ok, but I definately install the radio first? And for all the updates like "Quick Office Fix" and "Browser fix" found on the bamf 1.5 thread, you just install those after?
    Correct on both accounts. But I believe you can install the radio after too. I've seen reports from some people that they did it this way and it worked fine. I did the radio first just becasue that made sense. MAKE sure you delete the radio pg05 file after installing it becasue if you ever need to go to hboot it will cause issues until you delete it.


    The "fixes" need to be flashed after you install bamf.
    Thanked by:
  5. #5  
    nate44's Avatar

    Posts
    813 Posts
    ROM
    Synergy

    Default

    Backup your apps with Titanium or Mybackup Pro, and follow Cyber Warrior's guide on making a nandroid backup before you start
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default

    thanks for the help guys really excited appreciate it!
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default

    if i dont have titanium already then it wont be useful until after I already root, install a rom, download my apps, then create a back up of it right?
  8. #8  
    Forgetful's Avatar
    Energy hoarder

    Posts
    1,463 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,473 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock rooted

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hurang View Post
    if i dont have titanium already then it wont be useful until after I already root, install a rom, download my apps, then create a back up of it right?
    Use titanium (or my backup root/pro) before installing any ROM. That way when you install that rom you redownload titanium and restore all your apps + their data.
    Thanked by:
    nate44 
  9. #9  
    nate44's Avatar

    Posts
    813 Posts
    ROM
    Synergy

    Default

    Titanium should be used mainly to backup your apps, and then restore them after you're done flashing the rom. If you backup your entire system and restore to a new rom it can cause problems.

    Then you'll need to make a backup of your current rom before you flash in case anything goes wrong. This is called a nandroid backup, and you do this in recovery.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

    Default

    awesome thanks again!

Posting Permissions

B