Best Profile Settings For SetCPU

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Most people do a screen off profile, and for the most battery savings on a profile like that you would set min and max to 245. you will have to see if your phone functions that way, and you can expect some lag when you first turn your screen on. And i think ondemand governor is the most efficient one for thunderbolt currently.

omnipotent910

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Most people do a screen off profile, and for the most battery savings on a profile like that you would set min and max to 245. you will have to see if your phone functions that way, and you can expect some lag when you first turn your screen on. And i think ondemand governor is the most efficient one for thunderbolt currently.

Just for clarificationn...I have my governor set to "smartass". In some other threads, people were saying profiles shouldn't be used with this governor and that it may cause conflicts. Is this true?

So basically, if I have my governor as "smartass", shouldn't be using any profiles
...and if I have my governor as "on demand", I should set my own profiles to maximize performance/battery life??

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Just for clarificationn...I have my governor set to "smartass". In some other threads, people were saying profiles shouldn't be used with this governor and that it may cause conflicts. Is this true?

So basically, if I have my governor as "smartass", shouldn't be using any profiles
...and if I have my governor as "on demand", I should set my own profiles to maximize performance/battery life??

No, some people are having issues associated with using profiles in the first place. The governor (smartass or ondemand etc) determines how the frequencies change, and ramp up, and so on.

You can use profiles with any governor, but you may encounter some problems or fc's, in which case you should probably not enable the profiles or tweak them and see if your phone reacts better.

Reactions: omnipotent910

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
What are the best settings for each suggested profile? Sorry, im new to overclocking. I want my phone to be fast when i use it bu would also like to increase battery. Is that possible? lol

Bigwidge

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
What are the best settings for each suggested profile? Sorry, im new to overclocking. I want my phone to be fast when i use it bu would also like to increase battery. Is that possible? lol

I'm in the same boat as you.... After reading up on some other posts I've decided to make a profile with 245 min and max on screen off, with 1.3 max and 245 min with the ondemand govenor.... but on that same note I am running Bamf Remix 1.6 and still somewhat unsure if I should focus on Bamf toolbox or SetCPU for my settings
edit: on one of the posts I read somebody with this setting said they got 20-30 hours on a charge... not sure on the truth of this but ill try and find a link
.... and here it is!
http://androidforums.com/thunderbol...15-major-battery-issues-w-new-radio-bamf.html

tekhna

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm in the same boat as you.... After reading up on some other posts I've decided to make a profile with 245 min and max on screen off, with 1.3 max and 245 min with the ondemand govenor.... but on that same note I am running Bamf Remix 1.6 and still somewhat unsure if I should focus on Bamf toolbox or SetCPU for my settings
edit: on one of the posts I read somebody with this setting said they got 20-30 hours on a charge... not sure on the truth of this but ill try and find a link
.... and here it is!
Major battery issues w/ new radio +BAMF - Android Forums

I haven't used my phone much in the last 36 hours, but it's made it 24 hours with light use (one call, some texting, screen mostly off) just broke 40%.
Ondemand, CPU@245 when screen is off, Tesla Coil.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
.... and here it is!
Major battery issues w/ new radio +BAMF - Android Forums

I keep my phone set at 245 min and 1036 max, and my kernel is 4.4.2 bamf kernel (adrynaline's) currently - so the 1036 is undervolted, bc the kernel is undervolted up to something like 1400 or whatever.
i am running bamf with the ondemand gov.

i am not using a screen off profile currently, bc i use my phone pretty hard sometimes with the screen off (gps + other stuff). but if i were using a screen off profile, i would do something like 245 min 600 max, with on demand, just to reduce lag a little and make sure things work correctly as much as possible (but with testing you will see what works for your phone and what does not). if you get fc's you should probably raise your max settings, basically.

and there are the advanced settings which are a little more complicated and i'm not sure how much battery you will save by adjusting them since the governor's typically handle them, but you could do a search about the advanced settings and find what to read, either here or at xda.

btw i get fair battery life with everything on (gps sync etc) on the stock battery, running bamf 1.5 with 4.4.2 kernel or protekk's beta 4 battery sipper kernel, which is based on adrynaline's kernel but more relaxed on battery consumption supposedly.

DirtMcGirt

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm running BAMF 1.5 Remix and easily can get a full day + some on a single charge leaving 4G on. I run 1036mhz ondemand and have profiles set to screen off, charging and time's between 2am and 7am. I'm very skeptical to change anything at this point ie (updating to BAMF 1.6 or accepting the OTA update soon.) The phone actually runs as it should now. Light to moderate use I could probably almost get 48hrs out of a full charge.

dajogejr

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
I have mine set to ondemand.
Main is set to 1497 max, 729 min.
Screen off 422 max, 245 min. Priority 100
Battery 15%< is 883 max, 245 min, priority 95
Charging 1017 max, 245 min, priority 90.

We'll see where that gets me. :)

djinsydius

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm running BAMF 1.5 Remix and easily can get a full day + some on a single charge leaving 4G on. I run 1036mhz ondemand and have profiles set to screen off, charging and time's between 2am and 7am. I'm very skeptical to change anything at this point ie (updating to BAMF 1.6 or accepting the OTA update soon.) The phone actually runs as it should now. Light to moderate use I could probably almost get 48hrs out of a full charge.

I'm running the bamf 1.5 remix also & my battery life is about the same as before I rooted. I played around with the setcpu settings & it doesn't help at all. I'm still charging my phone twice per day, and I barely use it. Am I missing something or doing something wrong?

dajogejr

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Try this.
Fully charge the battery, reboot into clockwork recovery mod.
Delete the battery status (under advanced)
Reboot the phone, then fully charge again (until light turns green)

djinsydius

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Try this.
Fully charge the battery, reboot into clockwork recovery mod.
Delete the battery status (under advanced)
Reboot the phone, then fully charge again (until light turns green)

My buddy rooted my phone for me since I tried doing it a few times on my cpu with no luck. I'll try your suggestion & hopefully that'll resolve my battery woes. Also a couple of dumb questions, clockwork recovery is through rom manager, correct? And once I do that, I'll have to re-flash bamf, correct?

dajogejr

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Not a dumb question. ROM Manager is an easy way to install Clockwork recovery. But once it's installed, you're set. If you press the power to restart the phone, choose the recovery option. It will boot into CW. No...you will not have to reflash the ROM when you clear the battery stats. Just reboot the phone.

I've only had mine rooted/rom'd for not even a couple of weeks.
I'm learning too....and the support from seasoned site members is excellent!

Reactions: zero neck

djinsydius

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
All this rooting business is a lot to take in & understand, but I'm trying. I thought I'd be able to get the hang of it fairly quickly but I was way off! Thanks in advance, I hope I can get this done without any setbacks. The way things have been going I might have more questions, but I'll keep you posted

djinsydius

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Ok so here's where I'm stuck, I flashed clockwork recovery successfully but when I hit my power button, my only options are power off, airplane mode & restart, there's no recovery option. Do I reboot into recovery from Rom Manager after I flash clockwork?

djinsydius

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Ok got it to go, erased the stats & rebooted. Charged up & its only drained the battery about 2% in the last hour. Thanks again for the help!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez