Please Help!!! What happened to my Marketplace?

Blhazed

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the help guys--sarcasms:mad:

Anyways, I went into Rom Manager and did a factory reset/data wipe. It restarted me all the way to setting up my phone again.

Problem? MarketPlace still does not download anything for me. As I am typing it is attempting to download every single app tied to my account and rejecting all of them.. I guess I have to wait for it to go through all of my apps again. But once its done I still have the same problem.

Am I royally F*&^ed?

Anyone?

Is this thing on? Hello....

Blhazed

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I have now done the auto unroot and my marketplace still does not download any files to my phone. Did I break something? Am I completely stock now? I just want to know if I can have Verizon look at it at this point or will they be able to tell I rooted it. Please help

aBoldPatriotsFan

Android Enthusiast
Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Sorry been busy. I thought dj would have gotten you to delete market. Since you are now unrooted verizon cant tell you rooted to start with. Try this before you go to the store. Hope its not confusing:

To Hard Reset to Factory Setting this can be done by button combination:

1). Turn off the HTC ThunderBolt 4G , press and hold

Blhazed

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
You have got to be kidding me Patriot. I havent taken a breath all day today because I'm scared I messed up my phone and verizon was not going to help me. Just as soon as you sign on you help me.

Is there anyone else on here. Does no one care to help. Its just you and DJ. Is this how the forum is damn. Anyways, thank you for putting my mind to ease.

Blhazed

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I posted my issue over at the Sticky Auto Root and DroidXcon suggested that that I sign into Marketplace with a different gmail account. I restarted my phone and did that and it is downloading fine for my new account. It just seems now that my other account has become broken somehow.....

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
and now we know what we can try before going through all that pain!!

unfortunately the only way to try a different account is by flashing a new stock image, Android doesnt allow you to simply switch main accounts you need to start fresh, this stops people from sharing accounts.

Comineeyeaha

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I just hopped in and read through all 7 pages of this post. Now, I rooted back when the phone first came out, and it involved wiping the phone. Does it not do this anymore? If it still does, then I ask what would have been the harm in doing a factory reset? Also, for future reference, if you want to remove a system app, like the market, I would rename the apk in super manager rather than delete it. For instance: appname.apk.old. That way, if you break something by getting rid of it, you can very easily go back.

Reactions: Blhazed

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I just hopped in and read through all 7 pages of this post. Now, I rooted back when the phone first came out, and it involved wiping the phone. Does it not do this anymore? If it still does, then I ask what would have been the harm in doing a factory reset? Also, for future reference, if you want to remove a system app, like the market, I would rename the apk in super manager rather than delete it. For instance: appname.apk.old. That way, if you break something by getting rid of it, you can very easily go back.

yes very true lol duh a factory reset would work aswell LOL sorry, at some point you spend so much time trouble shooting stuff that you look for the hardest possible solution

Blhazed

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I filled out the form located in Marketplace>Help>Support and sent it to support. I guess now I wait until something happens. The auto response was something to the effect of "we will investigate further and contact you if we need further assistance."

So I guess I just sit and wait without my apps that I've purchased.....:(

Comineeyeaha

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
yes very true lol duh a factory reset would work aswell LOL sorry, at some point you spend so much time trouble shooting stuff that you look for the hardest possible solution

Shoot, I reload my ROM for just about everything. Battery problems? RESET! App problems? RESET! Applied the wrong wallpaper? RESET!

I tend to look at how much time I will waste trying to fix something vs how much time it will take to recover from starting at the beginning.

Reactions: nate44

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Shoot, I reload my ROM for just about everything. Battery problems? RESET! App problems? RESET! Applied the wrong wallpaper? RESET!

I tend to look at how much time I will waste trying to fix something vs how much time it will take to recover from starting at the beginning.

LMAO :D

Blhazed

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I am now signed into the android help forums and it seems others are having the same issue. Oh great. What did I get myself into. This may take a while.....

Blhazed

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I am still working on this.......

Some more information I discovered. I can't download from the Market app to my phone anymore but I can go to the website on my computer and send the apps that way. I wander if this is the only way for it to work for me now........

Blhazed

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Just to update.

There seems to be MANY others with the same problem as me after doing a Factory Reset.

I am following this over at Technical Help - Android Market Help

That should be a link to the forums section where there have been a LARGE AMOUNT of threads where people are reporting the same issues.

Their results after waiting several days from Google has been to just do a factory reset and they haven't offered much else. This doesn't work for the majority of the people who have done the factory reset.

MANY users such as myself seem to have now lost the ability to use the Android Market App but instead have to download on the computer and PUSH it to our phones.

Google has offered no other fixes that I have found..... I believe Google will get back to me within 3 days or so and they will tell me to do a factory reset as well and I will still be SOL from the looks of it.

I'm kind of missing my old beat up, Blackberry 8320 with the cracked screen and broken scroll wheel that I gave up for the TB. Android/Google & HTC have been giving me major headaches....This phone is bad ass when it works but then you hit snags like this.. WTH??

Just Sharing/Venting...

nate44

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Are all the apps that you downloaded/purchased under your primary account? Is the Thunderbolt listed in settings under my devices?

Blhazed

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I have only purchased and downloaded apps to my primary account with eception to a couple that I downloaded with my secondary account to troubleshoot today. Ive since done numerous factory resets. Under settings it says this:

NICKNAME VISIBILITY MAKER MODEL CARRIER LAST USED REGISTERED ON
Unnamed Device
Shown in menus
HTC ADR6400L Verizon - May 3, 2011 Edit›

So yeah...

Can I take it back to Verizon? Are we absolutely sure they won't be able to tell that theis happened after rooting my phone?

I did the auto unroot so I think Im stock but Im obviously a noob here so I don't know.

I bought from Best Buy with warranty if that helps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37