[ROM][5.5.11] BAMF Remix 1.6 - NOW IN ROM MANAGER!

thatdudebutch

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
BAMF Remix v1.6

bamfremix.png

dasBAMF_Screenies_2.png

Hey guys, after many PMs and the speed at which the main thread moves with so many questions about each ROM being posted, I thought for the sake of everyone's sanity that I would open this thread. It also gives users that enjoy the "remixed" style of things a chance to sound off on theme and mod ideas and suggestions, as well as requests. I will provide you with updated changelogs for the remix here as well as download links for the remix rom and mods, as well as additional links for the base ROM. Das BAMF will still update in tandem. Hope you guys enjoy it. If you guys like what we do here, please feel free to show us your support. It takes a lot of hours of tweaking, fist banging, and beer and coffee slamming to bring you guys this stuff! All support is greatly appreciated. Donate links are listed below.

paypal_donate.gif

ThatDudeButch: http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr...if:NonHosted
Adrynalyne: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...ton_id=6362350

FEATURES:
  • Debloated, which includes VZW framework, apps, games, libs, and permissions.
  • Tweaked filesystem and minfree.
  • Zipaligned, and deodexed.
  • Added Google Car Home, removed HTC app.
  • Removed DRM apks, and framework for now. If Netflix requires it later, I'll add it back.
  • HTC Hub and HTCsense.com are partially working.
  • Removed Stocks widget, and app. Google has better apps for this anyway.
  • Superuser is fixed with rmk40's version, woot woot!
  • Adrynalyne's busybox, version 1.19
  • Added these extra scripts:
  • sysrw --sets system to rw.
  • sysro --sets system to ro.
  • uber_quadrant --boosts your quads (for fun, must have quadrant installed)
  • rw_boot --sets system to be rw every boot.
  • ro_boot --sets system to be ro every boot.
  • sndoff script: Use with su, turns off boot sound.
  • sndon script: Use with su, turns on boot sound.
  • Profile added to system/bin to help prevent certain malware.
  • Kernel has init.d support, as well as adb root, and usb debugging enabled on every boot (even from a wipe).
  • Custom accurate battery with new smooth charge animation
  • Dark themed UI including market (dialer and other elements still to come)
  • Square edged menus
  • Super fast transition animations
  • Transparent and 5 column app drawer
  • Themed rosie with transparent background and new minimalist buttons
  • Rosie now remaps "personalize" button to Rosie Settings in app drawer, launchkey remap removed.
  • Clear lockscreen
  • Dark themed UI including market (dialer and other elements still to come)
  • Dusk theme from HTC Skin - "Dusk" Sense 2.5 (Z based ROMs) - xda-developers
  • No location indicator, thanks Bgill55!
  • No recent apps on notification bar.
  • Transparent pulldown and location reticle deleted
  • Added Spare Parts to speed up animations even more (change animation speed options to fast for best perfomance)
  • Settings toggles, credit to sk806 and JSChiSurf.
  • Settings toggles control app, credit to sk806 and JSChiSurf.
  • 6 bar signal mod, fully working on 100% Thunderbolt framework.
  • GPS enhancement, credit to ziggy471.
  • Custom Das BAMF skin, credit to gadget!
  • Custom Boot animation, credit to dsb9938.
  • Some minor build.prop tweaks.
  • Browser with 32 tabs, credit jcase and ThatDudeButch.
  • 4 in 1 Reboot options, including hot restart, credit to aiccucs.
  • Dalvik heapsize increased to 48M.
  • Custom 1.4ghz kernel included:
  • Supports TUN
  • Supports NFS
  • Uses CFS CPU scheduler
  • Uses BFQ I/O scheduler
  • Governors: Ondemand(Default), Powersave, Conservative, Interactive, Performance, Smartass.
  • 10 speed steps: 245/368/576/768/806/960/1036/1228/1344/1420mhz.
  • Undervolted all the way to 1036, stock voltage at 1228, slightly overvolted for 1344 and 1420mhz.
  • Kernel will boot at 1036mhz! You must use setcpu to overclock, the kernel will not do it for you automatically.
  • Battery charging enhancements.
  • SLQB Slab Allocator.
  • Updated ashmem driver.
  • GPU+ patch.
  • Death Ray support (Ultra bright torch. Requires app support, included with toggles).****
  • Audio enhancements in kernel.

INSTRUCTIONS:
Download ROM.
Reboot into Recovery.
Perform Nandroid backup
Minimally wipe dalvik and cache. For optimal experience, perform full wipe (data/dalvik/cache). Most issues stem from not fully wiping.
Flash ROM.
Reboot.
Enjoy! :D

DOWNLOADS:

Changelog for 1.6
  • Introducing Das BAMF's newest team member - Trident!
  • Volume keys now wake phone (rhcp, jcase, Adrynalyne)
  • Automatic brightness tweaking (Adrynalyne)
  • Das BAMF Toolkit application (Trident)
  • Rewrote updater-script (Trident)
  • Rewrote all shell scripts (Trident)
  • Changed toggle configuration to include sync toggle
  • New animations (ThatDudeButch)
  • Quick Office removed in favor of Google Docs
  • Two way call recording (avs333, adrynalyne - Please respect the laws of your state)
  • Additional features for BAMF Remix 1.6
  • AppWidgetPicker.apk added for better widget grouping on third-party launchers
  • Dusk Remix Skin Added (ZHP Pilot!)
  • Fixed Icons in Black Market (ZHP Pilot)
  • Updated framework to include more themed images and fixed pressed buttons on Rosie (ZHP Pilot/ThatDudeButch)
  • Shrunk carrier header in pulldown (Gadget!/ThatDudeButch)
  • Optimized some images and misc. housecleaning
BAMF Remix v1.6:http://kan.gd/gs0
MD5: CF461768DBC8A729CB7D28B97D5B8717

BAMF Remix Patch 1.6.2: http://alturl.com/r96gs
MD5: d45d597d42d40ca31319786cfb9450dc

Restore landscape to Rosie and other cool mods: BAMF Remix Extras: Let's Remix It Again [05.05.11] UPDATE: AOSP Contacts w/ Solid BG - xda-developers - many thanks to ZHP Pilot

Changelog For 1.5
  • Change of base to 1.13.605.7
  • Due to change of base, GPS has been improved dramatically.
  • Due to change of base, 3G/4G transitioning has been improved dramatically.
  • Due to change of base, battery has been improved dramatically.
  • Due to change of base, quiet videos are no more (allegedly).
  • 4.4.2 kernel.
  • New modded Rosie with metro icons and browser icon! (Props to zhp pilot! Look for his thread soon with alternate icons for your specific app)
  • New themed HTC flipclock.
  • Added new themed power toggles and transparency.
  • Themed more framework images.
  • Transitions are back.
  • Latest themed market added. (Also disabled market updating! No more unthemed market)
  • Teeter has been added from Incredible system dump. Love it!
  • New tweaked BAMF boot animation, credit to Gadget! and ds
  • New custom shutdown animation.
  • New Livewallpaper added.
  • Modded email app, credit to Rsotbiemrptson ([MOD] Stock Mail.apk with the exchange policy removed - xda-developers)

1.5 Remix By ThatDudeButch
Note: Remember to grab the new radio which is the FIRST download. :D
Radio:Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites! Updated 4/19/11 @ 9:36PM
MD5: 8e166e93a9a72cb7955440720ba8869a
ROM:Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!
MD5: 0765A2EDFEEA0D964DBC504CE597BE37

1.5 Base By Adrynalyne
Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!
MD5: b6f85b3ec1a2c3e0ecb204f2b9f390ff
For more info on the base ROM, visit this thread: [ROM][4.19.2011] Das BAMF 1.5 - xda-developers

SoDev

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Last edited:

Smittyn804

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Everyone in the das BAMF Crew is amazing! I have been spending some time learning the ins and outs of what I understand so far and it is simply awesome! Thank you for all your work.

pwoznic

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Question... I just rooted last weekend and all I have done is move some bloat files to another folder on my sd...

I downloaded rom manager and backed up when I successfully rooted...

How do I do this step:

"Minimally wipe dalvik and cache. For optimal experience, perform full wipe (data/dalvik/cache). Most issues stem from not fully wiping."

I am assuming (more like hoping!) that I download this BAMF Remix 1.6 and whatever backup I did before (I'll just make a new one) will work.. will this process wipe dalvik/cache like I quoted?

nate44

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Question... I just rooted last weekend and all I have done is move some bloat files to another folder on my sd...

I downloaded rom manager and backed up when I successfully rooted...

How do I do this step:

"Minimally wipe dalvik and cache. For optimal experience, perform full wipe (data/dalvik/cache). Most issues stem from not fully wiping."

I am assuming (more like hoping!) that I download this BAMF Remix 1.6 and whatever backup I did before (I'll just make a new one) will work.. will this process wipe dalvik/cache like I quoted?

http://forum.androidcentral.com/thu...-backup-restore-install-roms-thunderbolt.html

nate44

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Why are you scared? It simply is asking you whether you want to wipe or not.

I don't flash through rom manager. I would recommend doing it through recovery that's outlined in the guide I linked to you, especially for your first time. How did you make your initial backup?

pwoznic

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Initial backup was I installed ROM mgr and I booted to clockwork... in that interface I backed up the instance that appeared as soon as I rooted (basically, rooted, hey everything looks cool, backed up, and here we are).

Are you saying that I should power down the phone and boot it into clockwork to install BAMF that way?

nate44

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm not saying there's a right or wrong way to do it. Doing it manually in clockwork just gives you a better understanding on how things work, instead of letting an app do it all for you. The developers also put out patches/fixes to their roms periodically, and those are not usually available through rom manager.

Since you've already downloaded the remix in rom manager, I would just flash it through there for now. Check both boxes to wipe data and dalvik cache.

If you have any apps, back them up with Titanium

rustypixel

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Just flashed this last night and as usual all looks good. My question: when looking at the power controls on the pull down screen, there is what appears to be a sync icon where the brightness toggle used to be. Did something change? Did I somehow mess up? How do I go about getting the brightness toggle back? I can provide a picture of anyone needs it.

Thanks.

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Finally broke down and installed BAMF Remix 1.6.2 this morning. Just finished flashing 1.6.2 patch and everything seems to be working great for now. Didn't use the ROM manager version, booted into recovery myself.

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Oh yeah? You speak to me like I know what you're talking about... :confused:

So how do I go about performing this feat?

Thanks for the reply.

Two methods, either create the widget.txt on you computer and adb push widget.txt /system/customize/. You'll need to mount your phone as r/w first which can be done in the das BAMF toolkit under System Settings. Second option is to use something like root explorer or super manager to edit the file on the phone itself.

[MOD][PORT][4G Reboot Fix][3/27/11] Power Control Widgets for Sense - 3.70 OTA - xda-developers discusses the format required.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc