I goofed a little, i hope just a little

Smittyn804

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
OK so I was curious as to what the S-off screen looked like and held the power and vol button and brought it up. Well I had the phone sitting on my desk and as I reached for it a co worker asked me a question I turned to look at him and as I picked up my phone I must have hit the down key and updated doing what must be a hard reset! Ha Ha go me. I checked and it says s-off now. I have back ups and have rom manager and root explorer reinstalled. So can I do anything from this point to get back to my BAMF 1.6.2?:mad:

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
BTW, if it updated in hboot that means you have a pg05img.zip file on the root of your sd card - this is probably a radio that you flashed (?). Basically, after you rename something pg05img.zip and flash with hboot, you want to remove the file from the root of your sd card bc it will be scanned and found every time you load into the bootloader - and then you'll be asked to install or not.

Smittyn804

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
I did make a back up. I did not flash a radio I used auto root flashed bamf 1.6.2 and then the patch 4.4.2.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
okay let me get this straight - you rooted with auto root, then you made a nandroid backup with rom manager, then you flashed 1.6.2 bamf and then you flashed the 4.4.2 bamf kernel?

also, regardless of that, there is a pg05img.zip file on your sd card if you booted to hboot and it asked you to install something (on the white screen). you're going to want to erase that file from the sd card so it doesnt come up everytime.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Well if you have a nandroid backup of das bamf and you want to get that back, then you reboot into hboot, navigate to recovery with volume keys and select with power button, then navigate in clockwork recovery with volume keys to backup and restore (select with home key)>restore>and find your backup file and select it.

that will get you bamf back to where you were.

Smittyn804

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
In hboot when I select recovery I get a triangle exclamation point over a phone. I know I have back ups as I can see them in through CWM and RE on my sd card.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
OK you have to boot the phone up normally, open rom manager, and flash the latest version of clockwork again. Your phone will boot up, right?

if it doesnt i will find you a link to a file that you can flash manually but it will be easier if you can just boot your phone and go back into rom manager to do it.

let me know

Smittyn804

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Zero Neck CWM is saying I dont have root "super user" is not found in /system/bin/su or system/xbin/su. Clicking Flash CWM brings an error after phone confirmation.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Ok so what you flashed took your root away - it was an ruu file i guess.

You're going to have to reroot.

Before you do that you could try rebooting a few times, and try some other root-enabled programs like shoot me or titanium backup, and see if they work.

But i think you have lost root, and you'll need to do the auto root again. Afterwards, you will download rom manager again, flash recovery, make a nandroid backup, and make sure you dont have any pg05img.zip files on the root of your sd card after you've rooted.

Sorry, it sounds like a pain, but i think that's what's happened.

Reactions: Smittyn804

Smittyn804

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for all your help! Not all is lost at the very least im getting a good learning experience. Thats why I joined AC in the first place. I will update when I get time to root again.

Smittyn804

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Success! I took your advice Zero Neck and rerooted. I also went in and cleared files out. Downloaded das bamf 1.6.3 from the forum and CWM again after getting rid of the bastard pg05img.zip file I think had me messed up initially. Rebooted to hboot>recovery>install from sd and bam all seems good! I then quickly did a nandroid backup and I will see what happens from here. Ran into an issue at one point where my screen was the Sense style but phone info said I was running 1.6.2 from when I tried to go back to that back up. Not sure why that occured but all is good now...

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
You can instal that backup of BAMF you made before losing root if you care to (unless you deleted it). That way you can pull any app data you need.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Success! I took your advice Zero Neck and rerooted. I also went in and cleared files out. Downloaded das bamf 1.6.3 from the forum and CWM again after getting rid of the bastard pg05img.zip file I think had me messed up initially. Rebooted to hboot>recovery>install from sd and bam all seems good! I then quickly did a nandroid backup and I will see what happens from here. Ran into an issue at one point where my screen was the Sense style but phone info said I was running 1.6.2 from when I tried to go back to that back up. Not sure why that occured but all is good now...

Did you wipe cache partition, dalvik cache, and data wipe before you flashed bamf?

Btw bamf is sense based

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674