Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    2,192 Global Posts
    ROM
    JB

Default gps still bad!!

after the new radio and all i still dont get gps lock..
    I'm the ROOT man
    G Talk: Upstreammiami3o5
    Let me help you ROOT your phone

werd. runnin 1.6.3 bamf remix which supposedly has the newest update alrdy on. and I still get really bad gps lock. unless I'm on wifi :/
    I'm dissappointed...I thought my bb curve 8330 only had this problem....its kinda funny. when I first got this phone gps worked fine for me.

sent from my thunderbolt
    The Ever-Living

Global Posts
    5,097 Global Posts
    ROM
    KANG

Definitely takes 1-2 minutes to lock on with the new radio. sucks

ROM
    Stock

I'm also running das bamf remix 1.6.3 and have no problems with the GPS. I dunno which of the apps that help me fixed it but I have both GPS Status (free from the market) and Improve GPS fix zip file (Google it) installed.

Marks me right on spot right away as soon as I open Maps or Navigation. Hope that helps.

Well I can say my old Eris would not get a gps lock indoors at all but if I walked outside the second I seen a clear view of the sky, bamm it would lock on. Well with my thunderbolt I walked around with it outside with gps on for a few miles and never got a positive lock. It would be close within a few blocks but never really close. I tried reboots, clearing cashe in maps, changing this and that never locked. Last week I flashed bamf 1.6.2 and it fixed a few other problems but no gps lock still. I noticed the antenna on the back cover. If you pull it off you lose all service . I put a screw driver to the contacts and got 3g back . One side there is even holes in the cover. Most likely for 4g . Now what would it use for gps signal? The trianglation of the cellular network is close but not dead on. I hope its not a hardware issue .
    Thanked by:

I had a problem the first time I tried to use it. I cleared settings on Maps and been checking to see if its working since

It is
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    2,192 Global Posts
    ROM
    JB

Quote Originally Posted by number1installer View Post
    Well I can say my old Eris would not get a gps lock indoors at all but if I walked outside the second I seen a clear view of the sky, bamm it would lock on. Well with my thunderbolt I walked around with it outside with gps on for a few miles and never got a positive lock. It would be close within a few blocks but never really close. I tried reboots, clearing cashe in maps, changing this and that never locked. Last week I flashed bamf 1.6.2 and it fixed a few other problems but no gps lock still. I noticed the antenna on the back cover. If you pull it off you lose all service . I put a screw driver to the contacts and got 3g back . One side there is even holes in the cover. Most likely for 4g . Now what would it use for gps signal? The trianglation of the cellular network is close but not dead on. I hope its not a hardware issue .
    i just tried this went outside did gps fix and boooom it worked. thanks man
    I'm the ROOT man
    The Ever-Living

Global Posts
    5,097 Global Posts
    ROM
    KANG

Upstreammiami - you mean the gps fix zip you posted a month or two ago (i think it was ziggy's maybe)?
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Global Posts
    2,192 Global Posts
    ROM
    JB

Quote Originally Posted by zero neck View Post
    Upstreammiami - you mean the gps fix zip you posted a month or two ago (i think it was ziggy's maybe)?
    no i mean the app called gps fix from the market
    I'm the ROOT man
    Thanked by:
    The Ever-Living

Global Posts
    5,097 Global Posts
    ROM
    KANG

Ah true
    Account Deactivated

Global Posts
    1,764 Global Posts

Well, lets see how the official OTA turns out. (if it turns out).

As it stands, you need both new radio and rom to be able to fix the GPS.

One without the other isn't gonna do much.