gps still bad!!

rlee1027

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
werd. runnin 1.6.3 bamf remix which supposedly has the newest update alrdy on. and I still get really bad gps lock. unless I'm on wifi :/
I'm dissappointed...I thought my bb curve 8330 only had this problem....its kinda funny. when I first got this phone gps worked fine for me.

sent from my thunderbolt

Droid_Evo_8

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm also running das bamf remix 1.6.3 and have no problems with the GPS. I dunno which of the apps that help me fixed it but I have both GPS Status (free from the market) and Improve GPS fix zip file (Google it) installed.

Marks me right on spot right away as soon as I open Maps or Navigation. Hope that helps.

number1installer

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Well I can say my old Eris would not get a gps lock indoors at all but if I walked outside the second I seen a clear view of the sky, bamm it would lock on. Well with my thunderbolt I walked around with it outside with gps on for a few miles and never got a positive lock. It would be close within a few blocks but never really close. I tried reboots, clearing cashe in maps, changing this and that never locked. Last week I flashed bamf 1.6.2 and it fixed a few other problems but no gps lock still. I noticed the antenna on the back cover. If you pull it off you lose all service . I put a screw driver to the contacts and got 3g back . One side there is even holes in the cover. Most likely for 4g . Now what would it use for gps signal? The trianglation of the cellular network is close but not dead on. I hope its not a hardware issue .

Reactions: Upstreammiami

Upstreammiami

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Well I can say my old Eris would not get a gps lock indoors at all but if I walked outside the second I seen a clear view of the sky, bamm it would lock on. Well with my thunderbolt I walked around with it outside with gps on for a few miles and never got a positive lock. It would be close within a few blocks but never really close. I tried reboots, clearing cashe in maps, changing this and that never locked. Last week I flashed bamf 1.6.2 and it fixed a few other problems but no gps lock still. I noticed the antenna on the back cover. If you pull it off you lose all service . I put a screw driver to the contacts and got 3g back . One side there is even holes in the cover. Most likely for 4g . Now what would it use for gps signal? The trianglation of the cellular network is close but not dead on. I hope its not a hardware issue .

i just tried this went outside did gps fix and boooom it worked. thanks man

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
Well, lets see how the official OTA turns out. (if it turns out).

As it stands, you need both new radio and rom to be able to fix the GPS.

One without the other isn't gonna do much.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87