Ok I think I messed up AGAIN!!!

Blhazed

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Well I just had my phone rooted and running the way I liked. I decided to move over some apps to the sd card using Settings>Manage Applications. Anyways, I moved over two widgets on accident which were supermanager and titanium back up. I wanted the idgets back because I had been using them. So I restarted my phone since the widgets disappeared. When my phone came on, I am now faced with everything force closing on me. It wont stop. Now I'm stuck at Force Close Go Launhcer Ex. Over and over. I'm locked out of my phone. What should I do?

Thank You

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Did you make a backup before you started to move your apps? If so restore that backup and your fine.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Blhazed

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I did restore but I cant get to Rom Manager because of the force closes. Please excuse my lack of knowledge in this department. How should I go about this?

Thanks

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
So have you restored yet? Or are you having issues restoring becasue you cannot get to Rom manager?

EDIT:::
I'm assuming you are having issues restoring becasue you cannot get to ROM manager. If this is the case you simply need to press the power button hit restart and select "RECOVERY". This is assuming you're running a custom ROM. If you are not and are running the stock rom then -

Power off you phone, Hold volume down and press the power button, This will bring you to Hboot menu, simply select recovery now. !!!!!!!ONLY do this if you have taken the "pg05img.zip" file off your SD card. This was the file used to Root your phone (or flash a radio if you have done that). If you have not explicitly done this it will still be there. If you do not take "pg05img.zip" off then when you boot into Hboot it will try and run that file. If the file is still on there use a file explorer program to remove it or simply connect to your computer to remove it.

Last edited:

Blhazed

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I cant get into Rom Manager. I did a back up earlier today at work but how do I access it or anything on my phone now?

Blhazed

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm running Das Bamf 1.6.2

Yes. I did see your edit. Thanks.

I can keep from making long threads this way. I'm learning

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Should be fine. Of course I don't know exactly what you did but if I were in your shoes I'd do it. If you cant power off by using the power button then there's nothing else to do. I doubt you can even download an app right? Can you hit the homescreen button to try and switch launchers? Or delete launcher pro in the "manage applications" menu

Reactions: Blhazed

Blhazed

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Should I put pg05img.zip back on there when I'm done? Isn't that supposed to be on there? I have my phone backed up so many times and each sd card back up has the file. SO i could just use any one of them right? They are all the same?

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Leave it off. You don't want it on there at all.
Use whatever backup you want. The backup is only the ROM+settings+apps, not anything stored on SD card

Blhazed

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I appreciate your help man. Im copying my latest clockwork mod backup to my computer now just in case.

Side Note: The other day my phone froze(not force closing but just stuck) I took the batteyr out and was in the white screen bootloader. I didn't know what to do so I just hit update and it wiped me clean. Was that the right thing to do? Or should I have canceled the update or something?

Thanks

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I appreciate your help man. Im copying my latest clockwork mod backup to my computer now just in case.

Side Note: The other day my phone froze(not force closing but just stuck) I took the batteyr out and was in the white screen bootloader. I didn't know what to do so I just hit update and it wiped me clean. Was that the right thing to do? Or should I have canceled the update or something?

Thanks

By boot loader screen do you mean this one?
HBOOT.jpg

If so then you don't want to update, since it will install that PG05img file. This is why you need to take the PG05img off, with it on Hboot doesn't work correctly.

Have you ever updated the Radio on the TBolt? I'm assuming not, since to update the radio you need to put a new PG05img file on the SD card and flash it in Hboot like you accidentally did. There is no harm reflashing the PG05img radio file but reflashing the PG05img file that was used in the rooting process will wipe you clean and possibly remove your Root/Superuser access.

Blhazed

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I didn't see PG05img on my SD when I just looked. I must have had it on at the time. Man thats major information to know. How did I miss that one. Thanks. Yup I just went in to the boot loader screen. Dude you must feel like your talking to someone really slow....Seriously man I know NOTHING about this. Having fun learning tho. You have already taught me something I was scared to do. I didn't know I could get into Clockwork Recovery this way.

I don't believe I have an updated Radio unless it comes with the Das bamf 1.6.2. I wouldnt even know how to install one without erasing everything I've stored tho

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I didn't see PG05img on my SD when I just looked. Yup I just went in to the boot loader screen. Dude you must feel like your talking to someone really slow....Seriously man I know NOTHING about this. Having fun learning tho. You have already taught me something I was scared to do. I didn't know I could get into Clockwork Recovery this way.

I don't believe I have an updated Radio unless it comes with the Das bamf 1.6.2. I wouldnt even know how to install one without eaarsing everything I've stored tho

No problem, there's a huge learning curve for this stuff. You have to flash a Radio separately via Hboot. Just put the updated Radio file (it's 25MB) on the SD and boot to Hboot, it automatically prompts to update. Since it's only the radio file (opposed to the 400MB file used to root) you'll lose nothing.

So is everything working out? I actually do all my flashing and clearing via CWR and not Rom manager

Blhazed

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Im still recovering info. I may have to look into a radio if they are worth it. I'm a little mad because I just realized that I'm going to lose about an hours worth of personalization and setting up accounts that I manage to get done after the last backup. Im now even hoping the issue didn't start a few back ups ago and I just never restarted my phone til now....>(

Oh and aren't CWR and Rom Manager the same thing? I see it is in Rom Manager??????

Blhazed

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
And I'm BACK!!!!! Home Sweet Home!!!! Well minus a few nice things I've recently purchased. I guess I'm off to the market.

Thanks Forgetful!
That was simple!!!
That alone made me much more confortable being rooted