Question about backing up and restoring apps after ROM install

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
OK, so I backup my apps and data and all that, then install a new ROM, but once I log in with my Google ID, all my apps resync and download and install.

I guess my question is, should I still "restore" all those apps from backup?

I guess I'm also a little unsure about what exactly I should backup before switching ROMs. There are options to backup data, or apps, or data+apps. I assume the best practice is to backup everything? When should I restore, after all the apps have resynced from the market or before?

In a perfect world, I'd like to be able to get my phone back to the way it was settings-wise as quickly as possible (home screen shortcuts, app settings, etc), just confused about what the best way to do this is...

I haven't done this too much (as you can tell), and I've used both MyBackup and Titanium (free versions), but never seem to get it right. I'm willing to by a paid version if needed, but don't want to pay $ before I know something is gonna work.

Thanks to anyone who can provide some insight or personal experience to help...

nate44

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I use both. MyBackup Pro and Titianium backup Pro. MyBackup for home screens, texts, bookmarks, etc and Titanium for my apps and their data. Just make sure you don't backup and restore any system data to the new rom.

Reactions: paintdrinkingpete

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Purchased pro version of each (it's not like I'm not gonna use em!).

Backed up, loaded ROM, restored...ALL is good. Overall, a somewhat lengthy but not at all tedious task. Thanks.

Reactions: nate44

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tony2