Terrible Battery Life on Bamf Remix 1.6.1

Bigwidge

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
So I rooted my bolt a few weeks back, and have been running Bamf Remix 1.6 all the way up to 1.6.2.... My battery life was and still is terrible... and I was getting random reboots. After searching the thread I learned that the reboots could be from a bad radio, so I re-flashed the first radio from the Thunderbolt Radio thread here. Since I was doing that, I thaught I might as well re-flash das Bamf 1.6.1 and clear all data and cache and do a reset as well, just to make sure that wasnt causing any issues.So far I have had no reboots, but I still have terrible battery. I am not sure if an app is doing this; keeping my phone awake or not, but after hearing of some people getting 20 + hours of battery after heavy use, it kills me to see my phone drop 15% or higher on light use... can anyone give some advice?

Bigwidge

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
Also when I try to download the new Bamf 1.6.3 update ( entire ROM) It just takes me to a white page and says the page needs permission to download files, when I allow it... nothing happens. And I know its always better to clear everything before a new rom but since I would be going from 1.6.1 to 1.6.3 remix would I have to do a factory reset or just clear cache/dalvik cache?

nate44

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Are you in a weak signal area? Get System Panel and set it to monitor for a day or two, and then you can pinpoint what's eating up your resources.

There's also different combinations of radios to use to experiment with in the radio thread that you can try. You should also calibrate your battery when installing a new rom, and I recommend bump charging at least once a week.

You can also experiment with different roms/kernels. The current BAMF kernel has been great for me.
The Official Thunderbolt ROMs and Kernels Listing (Updated 5/12/11 1:40 PM CST) - xda-developers

Adrynalyne does recommend wiping data/cache when flashing to 1.6.3, and the toolkit includes a battery stats wipe feature (along with other goodies) which you can use after flashing. Charge to full, and then wipe stats.

As long as you have the right backup tools, wiping data shouldn't be a problem.

Reactions: zero neck

Bigwidge

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
I'll be sure to try System Panel.. But as for everything else I have tried it. Before Bamf Remix released the toolkit with the kernel built in with all the features I was on leankernel which was said to have the best battery outcomes. And I have bump chagred several times with no luck. Also can you tell me how to erase a VCard backup from contacts? I have made 3 different ones and now when I erase my data and import contacts I end up with almost 5 copies of the same contact..

Bigwidge

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
I have been running system panel (Free version) for a few days now to see what is going on with this battery life. The live activity shows a 1% system, 15% user, 0% nice, and 55% idle. Memory is 43% used and 27% free, battery is currently at 59%. I cant make sense of any of this but my phone has been of the charger for 6 hours and im down to 59% on minimal use. I am currently running Bamf Remix 1.6.3 on the kernal that comes with it (Adrenalynes I beleive).

Hockeypuck55

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Go into the toolkit. Go to CPU settings. Set the max to 1.024GHz. Set the min to 245MHz. Check apply on reboot. Reboot. If that doesn't help then I don't know what to do.

richardpandy

Feb 26, 2010
Visit site
EXACTLY what hockeypuck55 said. I was having weak battery life as well, changed it and rebooted. I get about 20 hours of battery life now with moderate usage. Even when using the Mobile Hotspot with a tablet leeching off it, battery is amazing.

Bigwidge

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
Okay thanks- I'll be sure to try that. My screen on time isnt much, says 16.3% running time, 9.2 % screen on, and 2.1% phone on. Thats for today. When I first came to Bamf I was running setcpu at 1.24 max and 245 min... and when the toolkit came out I used that, but then went back to set cpu. I''ll try your settings with setcput installed and let you all know how it goes..

Honestly today wasnt that bad I was running setCPU with a 745 max and 245 min and was 8 hours off with 50% left. But I'm currently trying your settings to see how it goes. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy