3g Data after 5/12 Update

jereme716

May 13, 2011
Visit site
My TB won't pick up consistent 3G in one specific area in Southeast Missouri. My wife's iphone 4 (verizon), however, will lock on a strong 3g signal. Verizon has told me that the area is completely covered in 3g but my phone tends to bounce between no internet signal, 1x, and 3G (I still have voice signal during this time). I've tried switching between autoPRL/cdma only, and the eHPRD/Rev A switch but nothing has helped my signal.

Anyway, I haven't had a chance to check the new radio update in that area yet but can anybody tell me if the update should theoretically fix it? If not, is there anything else I can do to "boost" my data signal?

thanks guys.

aBoldPatriotsFan

Android Enthusiast
Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Yes, it has been stated that it will improve signal lock on both 3G and 4G. You can read more about their findings here:
[ruu + update.zip][MR1 aka First OTA] May 12th OTA - 1.13.605.7 - xda-developers

Someone has reported getting a solid 4G connection when before that he could only get 3G in a 4G area. So i think it is worth your time. I can not speak from my personal experience. I have not been able to load this but it clearly helps with the signal lock.

Here is the second post for ROOTED phones.Whatever you do DO NOT install the OTA.

Read this post and download the file and install as instructed:
[ruu][rooted][MR1 aka OTA] CONFIRM Build Number: 1.13.605.7 Baseband: 1.16.00.0402w_1 - xda-developers

Good Luck. And report back what changes occur.

jereme716

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Yea, I downloaded the unsigned(?) RUU for the update just in case I wanted to revert back but I'm currently running BAMF 1.6.3 and I installed the radio with the new CDMA and old LTE from the radio thread over at XDA.

I did notice that people were claiming to have a better 4G lock and better 3G/4G transitioning without losing data but I wasn't sure if it was an overall data fix or just for the 3G/4G switching. -- thanks for clearing that up a bit.

I'll check out the signal the next time I'm over there. Thanks for the info.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463