SetCPU SmartA** Governor

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I just installed Perfect Storm 1.4 this morning and its running great but I had a question about the CPU governors. The the batt saving kernal that I have allows to me use ondemand, interactive, or smartass. I have been able to get explanations for ondemand and interactive but can't find a good one on smartass. Can someone explain what's the difference with smartass?

iastonish

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
"smartass governor - is based on the concept of the interactive governor.
I have always agreed that in theory the way interactive works - by taking over the idle loop - is very attractive. I have never managed to tweak it so it would behave decently in real life. Smartass is a complete rewrite of the code plus more. I think its a success. Performance is on par with the "old" minmax and I think smartass is a bit more responsive. Battery life is hard to quantify precisely but it does spend much more time at the lower frequencies.
Smartass will also cap the max frequency when sleeping to 352Mhz (or if your min frequency is higher than 352 - why?! - it will cap it to your min frequency). Lets take for example the 528/176 kernel, it will sleep at 352/176. No need for sleep profiles any more!"

From: xda-developers - View Single Post - [KERNEL] smartass cmkernel [4/22/11]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes