Please Help ASAP i need help!!!

thunderclap123

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
ok so i was downloading a new rom and when it restarted it just froze on the HTC sign and froze there need help because if i go to verizon store i wont get a new phone because i rooted it need help ASAP!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

wallyweaver

Dec 9, 2009
www.google.com
Don't have a cow!

ok so i was downloading a new rom and when it restarted it just froze on the HTC sign and froze there need help because if i go to verizon store i wont get a new phone because i rooted it need help ASAP!!!

dude, don't worry. Pull the battery and put it back in. boot into recovery and flash your backup (of course you backed up first, right?). Everything will be back to before you tried to flash the new rom. then try it again. :cool:

thunderclap123

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
have tryed pulling the battery out a thousand times and somehow got into bootloader but for some reason didnt click on recovery and i cnt actually get into the phone it just sits at that white HTC screen. Ive left it on for about 45 min and it still just stays there

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Did you confirm that the root took? did you have superuser in your app drawer afterwards?

What do you mean downloading a new rom - do you mean flashing or just downloading?

Did you flash recovery and make a backup?

thunderclap123

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Did you confirm that the root took? did you have superuser in your app drawer afterwards?

What do you mean downloading a new rom - do you mean flashing or just downloading?

Did you flash recovery and make a backup?

I cant actually acess the phone. I flashed the rom and it just freezes there everytime i take out the battery

sirlancelot323

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
If you can boot into recovery(Power + Volume Down I believe), try restoring your backup.

If you can't get into recovery, bring the phone back; I don't believe Verizon has the ability to boot into recovery if you can't. While I don't advocate doing this, it may be a last resort...

Last edited:

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
like sirlancelelot said you should, with power off, boot up into bootloader screen (vol down plus power button) and go to recovery with volume keys - press power to select - phone reboots into recovery mode - navigate to back up and restore with volume keys, select with home key, then go to restore > and find your nandroid backup that you made.

thunderclap123

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
If you can boot into recovery(Power + Volume Down I believe), try restoring your backup.

If you can't get into recovery, bring the phone back; I don't believe Verizon has the ability to boot into recovery if you can't. While I don't advocate doing this, it may be a last resort...

well i did that and it worked for about a full ten minutes then randomly restarted and didnt work again. i can get into recovery

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Something sounds off. This seems like a minor glitch. You should be able to flash the PG file in recovery and fix it. Why don't you explain in detail what's happening.

thunderclap123

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site

i can get into recovery and all that stuff and backup all that stuff but when i reboot it, it just always freezes on HTC sign except for one time were it actually worked then somehow broke

thunderclap123

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Something sounds off. This seems like a minor glitch. You should be able to flash the PG file in recovery and fix it. Why don't you explain in detail what's happening.

ok so i finally got bak into the phone w/ all my apps still in tack then i went to go ondo the rom i originally flashed because for some reason it was T-Mobile like the mytouch4g and not verizon it was weird then i went to undo it and rebooted it then it ended up freezing on the THUNDERBOLT sign w/ the clouds and all that stuff

thunderclap123

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
like sirlancelelot said you should, with power off, boot up into bootloader screen (vol down plus power button) and go to recovery with volume keys - press power to select - phone reboots into recovery mode - navigate to back up and restore with volume keys, select with home key, then go to restore > and find your nandroid backup that you made.

thats the thing for some reason it isnt there

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay