1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Exclamation Newly Rooted, cant enter Clockwork Recovery.

I just rooted my thunderbolt using the mac procedure on this site. Everything went well from what I can tell. I got superuser working and tested root privileges by using the Shoot Me app.

I want to backup my current rom so I downloaded Rom Manager and flashed the Clockwork Recovery. But when I try to enter recovery, im taken into fastboot where it tries to load up the PG05IMG.zip file (that I have removed from the sd card after rooting) then it takes me back to the Bootloader where I try to enter recovery from but then it repeats the loop.

What have I done wrong?

Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    ROM
    Viper ROM

Try flashing an older version of recovery
    Motorola Q -> Blackberry storm -> iPhone 3gs -> Blackberry Tour -> Droid Incredible ->Thunderbolt ->Epic 4G Touch->Evo 4G LTE

"ROOTED"

HERE WE GO BROWNIES HERE WE GO
    Android Enthusiast

Global Posts
    414 Global Posts
    ROM
    ZYGOT3 2.0/ JDK

Just to make sure i know what you are doing. In clockwork mod you are clicking reboot into recovery? Is this the first time you are using recovery? If so did you click on flash clockwork mod recovery right above reboot into recovery. You need to do this the first time you use Rom manager.

Sent from Tapatalk using my ThunderBolt
    If you don't have an iPhone.... Well you're probably doing alright.
    Patriot Pride
    Galaxy Nexus < ThunderBolt < Bold 9650 < Storm 2 < Storm 1 < 8330 + 8310
    Quote Originally Posted by st0ic_1 View Post
    Do you wear tight pants?
    The Ever-Living

Global Posts
    5,097 Global Posts
    ROM
    KANG

You need to delete the pg05img.zip file from your sd card or you won't be able to get to recovery.

As long as you flashed recovery already in rom manager, you can delete that pg05 file and you should be able to get to recovery and make your backup following the steps you attempted earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by zero neck View Post
    You need to delete the pg05img.zip file from your sd card or you won't be able to get to recovery.

As long as you flashed recovery already in rom manager, you can delete that pg05 file and you should be able to get to recovery and make your backup following the steps you attempted earlier.
    First of all, no offense, but the PG05IMG.zip file has nothing to do with being able to reboot into recovery.
    I've heard this before and have no idea where it got started but it does not affect CWR. I never deleted it from my sd card and boot into recovery all of the time.

You may try booting into recovery using adb

./adb reboot recovery
    If at first you don't succeed, read, read again.
    The Ever-Living

Global Posts
    5,097 Global Posts
    ROM
    KANG

Quote Originally Posted by dkoss View Post
    First of all, no offense, but the PG05IMG.zip file has nothing to do with being able to reboot into recovery.
    I've heard this before and have no idea where it got started but it does not affect CWR. I never deleted it from my sd card and boot into recovery all of the time.

You may try booting into recovery using adb

./adb reboot recovery
    if you boot up the phone to the bootloader when the power's off, it goes to hboot, it finds your pg05 file, and you can either install it or reboot the phone. i think that's where the problem is coming up. not 100 percent sure about this bc i dont leave those files on my sd card when i'm done with them.

Not sure if it's related, but mine was did exactly the same thing after rooting. I ended up reinstalling busybox from the market and all was fine after that.

I'm having the same problem and I've installed busybox and still no luck. I cannot get into Clockwork mod to save my life.
    The Ever-Living

Global Posts
    5,097 Global Posts
    ROM
    KANG

Quote Originally Posted by imprezu View Post
    I'm having the same problem and I've installed busybox and still no luck. I cannot get into Clockwork mod to save my life.
    Make sure you ahve s-off in teh bootloader screen.

Which version of recovery does it say you flashed in rom manager?

Make sure sd card is formatted for fat 32