Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default need help !! first time using adb and cmd

    im using windows 7 64bit and trying to learn adb and cmd
    so i can root my tb..
    i was watching youtube video for how to install adb and
    after installing adb and drivers and added adb on system variables
    i type cmd and then typed C:\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools
    after that i typed adb devices but got an error
    C:\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools\adb.exe is not a valid Win32 application.

    what do i have to do here?? T.T
  2. #2  
    aBoldPatriotsFan's Avatar
    Android Enthusiast

    Posts
    233 Posts
    Global Posts
    414 Global Posts
    ROM
    ZYGOT3 2.0/ JDK

    Default

    Are you plugged in and in disk drive mode with debugging mode checked?

    Sent from Tapatalk using my ThunderBolt
    If you don't have an iPhone.... Well you're probably doing alright.
    Patriot Pride
    Galaxy Nexus < ThunderBolt < Bold 9650 < Storm 2 < Storm 1 < 8330 + 8310
    Quote Originally Posted by st0ic_1 View Post
    Do you wear tight pants?
  3. #3  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,645 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by qudwls6933 View Post
    im using windows 7 64bit and trying to learn adb and cmd
    so i can root my tb..
    i was watching youtube video for how to install adb and
    after installing adb and drivers and added adb on system variables
    i type cmd and then typed C:\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools
    after that i typed adb devices but got an error
    C:\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools\adb.exe is not a valid Win32 application.

    what do i have to do here?? T.T
    if you are following either of the tutorials mac or windows in the roms and hacks section you shouldnt need to install sdk ...i would go reread the threads carefullly and you will be set.
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  4. #4  
    nate44's Avatar

    Posts
    813 Posts
    ROM
    Synergy

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    if you are following either of the tutorials mac or windows in the roms and hacks section you shouldnt need to install sdk ...i would go reread the threads carefullly and you will be set.
    I appreciate you sticking around here, and helping people out.

    How you liking the Charge?
  5. #5  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,645 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nate44 View Post
    I appreciate you sticking around here, and helping people out.

    How you liking the Charge?
    Thanks
    Loving it so far i have not had any down time in data. and i am getting double the battery life its lighter and the screen is awesome.
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
    Thanked by:
    nate44 
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default

    yes.. everything are checked ^^
  7. #7  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,645 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by qudwls6933 View Post
    yes.. everything are checked ^^
    Just download and use my autoroot

    Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato

Posting Permissions

B