Sluggish SMS app

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I have my wife on liquid thundersense v1.45 and she seems to be having issues with SMS apps in general being extremely sluggish. The only way to get around it is force closing the app and restarting. This also occurred when she was on BAMF1.6.3. Any one else running into this or have had similar issues? Anything helps

TboltMeatclaws-talkatap

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
I had this when using the stock SMS app as well. A few people claim that having a lot of SMS messages or long threads causes it, but I certainly don't fit into that category (right now I have 6 conversations with a total of about 20 messages). I also had an issue where if I saved a message as a draft, that draft would keep re-appearing EVERY single time I went to message that person, even after deleting or sending the drafted message. Frustrating.

I downloaded and use GoSMS app, which seems to work much better, and has a nicer interface, IMO.

djinsydius

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I've been using GoSMS also, no problems, plus you can change it to lite mode if you just want a bare bones style messaging app with no themes or add ons

pwoznic

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Do you still get the double notifications? Before I rooted I used handcent but couldn't avoid getting double messages in both stock and handcent. I haven't installed a new SMS app since rooting w/ concerns that I'd get those double msgs again.. and it wasn't just handcent and stock each having the same msg logged.. my friends would get the txt I sent them 2x or even 3x all within seconds.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Do you still get the double notifications? Before I rooted I used handcent but couldn't avoid getting double messages in both stock and handcent. I haven't installed a new SMS app since rooting w/ concerns that I'd get those double msgs again.. and it wasn't just handcent and stock each having the same msg logged.. my friends would get the txt I sent them 2x or even 3x all within seconds.

I haven't had any of those problems with GoSMS.

I've had once or twice an issue where messages just get stuck in the "sending" phase. I'm not sure if this is a GoSMS issue, or a general SMS issue with the phone, but either way a quick reboot fixed it both times.

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
She tried the Handcent route and it was still freezing up in the same manner. Which sucks because we both really like the HTC messaging app. Is there an actual fix for this? other than masking the problem with another app?

crescent

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
i have this problem too i have a ridiculous amount of txt messages also, is there a fix? i'd be pretty disappointed if the stock messaging app can't handle that with the specs on this phone.

Boggus

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
I dont have tons of messages and I keep my stock SMS app cleaned out but still get the problem. It has been there since before 1.6.3 but not before root. This has become an issue since bamf. I am currently using goSMS but prefer the stock app.

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I dont have tons of messages and I keep my stock SMS app cleaned out but still get the problem. It has been there since before 1.6.3 but not before root. This has become an issue since bamf. I am currently using goSMS but prefer the stock app.

I ran into the prob yesterday. A simple reboot fixed it right up. Its still an odd occurrence. When I had my Dinc I didn't have any issues with ANYTHING slowing down or getting sluggish. It might just be a "root" problem

TboltMeatclaws-talkatap

sscinokc

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I had this problem pop up today. Tried rebooting, removing battery, etc. Nothing worked. Then I noticed one thread had 815 messages. So I backed up the messages, then deleted the thread. Worked perfect and solved the problem. No more message delays. I remember reading once sometimes when a thread or message file gets to large, the application starts hanging up.

Boggus

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
Any updates? I keep my box cleaned out but still run across this issue. Could it be a heat issue or something else causing the issues with the stock SMS?

jereme716

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I've had this problem on stock (unrooted) as well as rooted (with any sense ROM). I also had problems with the stock SMS app on my Evo. I'm downloading GoSMS now based on prior posts.

--btw, I had BAMF 2.0 GB installed for a while and thought the SMS app was significantly better...huge difference.