To ROOT or Wait to ROOT??? - already accepted the OTA

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I bought my Tbolt the same day the new OTA came out and as soon as i walked out of store, my phone updated it... I am coming from a rooted Dinc (skyRaider 4.0 ROM). I am asking the TBOLT community whether I should Root or wait to Root later? WHY or WHY NOT??? thanks in advance for the advice :)

crescent

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
i came from blackberry to tbolt never had an android phone and rooted within 3 hours of buying it. i don't see why not to.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I bought my Tbolt the same day the new OTA came out and as soon as i walked out of store, my phone updated it... I am coming from a rooted Dinc (skyRaider 4.0 ROM). I am asking the TBOLT community whether I should Root or wait to Root later? WHY or WHY NOT??? thanks in advance for the advice :)

Seth, you're eventually going to want to flash stuff or you'll feel left out, so you will eventually root obviously and then you'll be wondering why you didn't do it sooner

jk sorta. you should root if you want a something to take up your time and do neat things with your phone that regular thunderbolts don't do.

you know

Ricom1

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Does the rooting process work with the latest OTA update? I thought the process required an older version and the latest version would make the current process obsolete?

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Reactions: ssethv

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Seth, you're eventually going to want to flash stuff or you'll feel left out, so you will eventually root obviously and then you'll be wondering why you didn't do it sooner

jk sorta. you should root if you want a something to take up your time and do neat things with your phone that regular thunderbolts don't do.

you know
LOL... I was wondering when I would hear from you.. and your right, I am feeling somewhat left out ;) I think the only thing really holding me back is the free mobile hotspot promo right now, but on the other hand, I am getting more pissed by the day at the ridiculous amount of BLOAT on the phone... fortunately for me, I am not having any issues since the update...

I am sure I will be rooted soon enough, just looking for peeps opinions...

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I believe this is what you would need if you're already running the latest OTA...

http://forum.androidcentral.com/thu...oot-update-after-ota-update-1-13-605-7-a.html

*H/T to "Zero Neck" in this thread
Thanks for the link, someone needs to make it sticky for all of the people that accepted the OTA before they rooted... I am coming from the incredible forums (along with *zero neck) so I am trying to get my feet under me (first rule of the forums READ READ READ and READ some more)... I am trying to figure out, as I am sure others are too, what if any, issues will be if you want to root since the update! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol