CM7, GingerBread, BAMF Remix, Radios and Kernels

NComrade

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Also something explaining the difference between the sense and desensed would be nice too.

Correct me if I'm wrong.. this part is easy. Sense is the loader that HTC developed. Desensed would be a base android install without any default loader. Then you can install whichever loader best suits you..

This is the conclusion I've drawn from reading a ton of posts... so, more likely than not, I'm wrong. ;) (plus... I needed 1 more post to get to 5!)

Last edited:

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
sense is the user interface between the operating system (android) and the user (you). a de-sensed rom has been built from sense, but the elements of sense have been pared down or made less visible.

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I am running das BAMF 1.6.3 remix with ADW runnin over it (i didn't like the Rosie bar)... I tried dasBAMF 2.0 but wasn't WOW'd by it, so i just switch back to my original radio and restored my last current nand of BAMF... I am also looking forward to CM7 as soon as they get a stable one issued as well... MY only concern is that I use my camera alot and I want a ROM that has a good camera in it... and seeing as how CM is an ASOP build, i hope they can get there hands on the drivers for the TBOLT camera, unlike the camera for the incredible.... I LOVE ROOTING AND ROMMING :)

nmscuba

May 1, 2011
Visit site
thank u for the info. I dont know why but i decided to restore my phone back to stock today. I can report tnat the auto unroot worked great a d the phone is running fine with good battery life so far

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
thank u for the info. I dont know why but i decided to restore my phone back to stock today. I can report tnat the auto unroot worked great a d the phone is running fine with good battery life so far
To each their own my friend, BUT you'll be back... we always come back!!! ;)

THRILLHO

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
I've had my Thunderbolt for about a month now, my first smartphone and I'm digging it. My concerns with out of the box TB is the bloat and less than stellar battery life. I'm mostly a slacker at work, so I use my phone a lot. After bump charging I'm generally at 25% after 9 hours. I like Sense so far, so what would be a good battery performance stock ROM/kernel combo? Thanks.

aBoldPatriotsFan

Android Enthusiast
Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I am running das BAMF 1.6.3 remix with ADW runnin over it (i didn't like the Rosie bar)... I tried dasBAMF 2.0 but wasn't WOW'd by it, so i just switch back to my original radio and restored my last current nand of BAMF... I am also looking forward to CM7 as soon as they get a stable one issued as well... MY only concern is that I use my camera alot and I want a ROM that has a good camera in it... and seeing as how CM is an ASOP build, i hope they can get there hands on the drivers for the TBOLT camera, unlike the camera for the incredible.... I LOVE ROOTING AND ROMMING :)

You weren't wow'd? I love it. The first few 2.0 betas were not as stable but the latest is for sure a keeper IMO. was waiting for a remix but decided to flash the regular version. I have to say i am quite satisfied.

Sent from Tapatalk using my ThunderBolt

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
You weren't wow'd? I love it. The first few 2.0 betas were not as stable but the latest is for sure a keeper IMO. was waiting for a remix but decided to flash the regular version. I have to say i am quite satisfied.

Sent from Tapatalk using my ThunderBolt
Like I said, I like liked the way the Rosie mod looked on the remix. but it doesn't really matter now since I am running ADW overtop of it... To each their own... I am glad you like it though... when a stable RC comes out for it, i will check it out... I just don't have alot of time to mess with radios and setting up new ROMs. generally once I find one I like I will stick with it for a while. and I really like BAMF 1.6.3 remix so far, No force closes and everything works perfect... Only thing I would change is the ability to put what ever power button you want in the dropdown notification bar.. :)

aBoldPatriotsFan

Android Enthusiast
Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Yea i know what you mean. all builds before 4.01 were not stable and required some tweaking.

With this one i loaded it and worked right off the bat. No reboots or FC's. I have only been running it for 24 hours but it started off better that Beta3 that produced 3 reboots in a 5 minute span.

I too liked BR163's customization but all the 3.0 features and looks far out weigh the whole BR163 ROM.

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
yup i still use dazzle power control widget on one of my homescreens
Heck yeah dude.... thanks.. I didn't know that app existed, thanks for the info...

Also, I finally understand the workings and how to's of Flashing new or old Radio's... My comfortability rises, especially with this phone, the Inc never had 4g, so you were pretty much set with 1 radio and didn't have to worry :)

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
so far i've tried DasBamf1.7 & about to try VirusRom (or whatever)
apparently no one likes the ability to have the previous applications in the drop down bar? instead it's the power controls

personally, i would prefer both. drop down bar is more responsive than waiting 3 seconds for your home-key to bring up the apps.

i think my head is going to explode from how many forums i'm now reading just to keep up with rooting.
at least i'm finally starting to understand things like deodexed/nandroid/gapps & the such. it's a whole new world!
(don't even start singing aladdin)

SoDev

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Only thing I would change is the ability to put what ever power button you want in the dropdown notification bar.. :)

You can edit them a little using root explorer. Like I switched sound for brightness and you could reorder them. I'll post the instructions later.

Sent from the Bolt via Tapatalk

Edit - Here it is. Props to PJnc for posting. Be careful and make a nandroid backup. I tried to get slick and add another button (lol) and my phone wouldn't reboot, but I had my nandroid, so no harm.

Two methods, either create the widget.txt on you computer and adb push widget.txt /system/customize/. You'll need to mount your phone as r/w first which can be done in the das BAMF toolkit under System Settings. Second option is to use something like root explorer or super manager to edit the file on the phone itself.

[MOD][PORT][4G Reboot Fix][3/27/11] Power Control Widgets for Sense - 3.70 OTA - xda-developers discusses the format required.

Last edited:
Reactions: zero neck

SoDev

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
so far i've tried DasBamf1.7 & about to try VirusRom (or whatever)
apparently no one likes the ability to have the previous applications in the drop down bar? instead it's the power controls

personally, i would prefer both. drop down bar is more responsive than waiting 3 seconds for your home-key to bring up the apps.

i think my head is going to explode from how many forums i'm now reading just to keep up with rooting.
at least i'm finally starting to understand things like deodexed/nandroid/gapps & the such. it's a whole new world!
(don't even start singing aladdin)

You can add the recents back. This if for BAMF Remix 1.6+. I might try it.

Edit - Just ran the recents fix and is working great on 1.7 remix.

Add Recent Apps Stripped 1.1 Background matches notification background. See preview below. Remix 1.6+ Updated to fix issue with text disappearing when it wraps to the second line. Adds recent app list in notification window. Can be used with any other mod available here, including Battery Mods.

BR_AddRecentApps_preview1.jpg

BAMF Remix Extras: Let's Remix It Again [05.27.11] UPDATE: Carbon Fiber Dialer - xda-developers

Last edited:
Reactions: project.in.process

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
am i flashing this through---well, to be certain, how am i applying this .zip?
just tried through hboot but i don't think i did it right. never saw an option--yeah it didn't work. not showing up on the phone.

edit: through CMR, flashed update from sd card--choose file-- "br_red3g4g" zip, rebooted, and it worked.
sweet!

sorry for the millions of questions.

Last edited:

SoDev

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Awesome. And yes to you don't need it, delete it unless you'll need it again. Ask away dude. I'm only a two month old too. :)

Sent from the Bolt via Tapatalk

anon(220176)

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I've been running dasBAMF 1.6.3NTE for about a week and a half now. Really stable, fast, and great on battery life. With constant usage, I get about a full days usage on a standard battery. I'm really loving it so far!

I also have the same ROM and I only got 5 hours battery.

What kernel r u using?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1