CM7, GingerBread, BAMF Remix, Radios and Kernels

aBoldPatriotsFan

Android Enthusiast
Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
With all the new stuff that has leaked i am curious as to what people have tried and stuck with or went back to.

I am still on Das BAMF 1.6.3 with Stock Radio ( I think ... base 1.16.00.0223r and 1.13.605.7) with Imoseyon's leankernel 2.5.

I have not even flashed the radio file that vzw released and was later unsigned by jcase.

So i want to know what are you currently running. GB leak? CM7.1.0 RC 0.1? Das BAMF? and with which radios/kernels.

I haven't been able to keep up with all the posts both here and on XDA because im getting ready to start school again next week. So i need some input. Is Das BAMF going to be updated soon? that way i will just wait for that to come out.

Thanks all.

rsk2mc

Banned
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Been on CM7 for a month, and the latest release is just as awesome for even, even got the new GAPPS working (Gtalk video chat) and netflix streaming

DerekC28

May 7, 2011
Visit site
I am also curious about this question. I flashed Das Bamf 1.63 remix to my thunderbolt last night in hopes of getting some better battery life and also for the cool features. Are there settings that I should do to make my battery better with Das Bamf? Do most use the kernel that comes with this Rom or do you use a different kernel that you have had good luck with the battery? Thanks in advance for your replies and help.

aBoldPatriotsFan

Android Enthusiast
Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
rsk2mc:

With the latest being released. What kernels and radios are you running. The latest Gapps is 20110307 right?

Dcox28:

Yea there are different kernels that can be used and using set cpu can also allow you to set up profiles like setting the cpu to run lower when screen is off. I don't really know enough to tell you how to do this stuff.

djinsydius

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Ever since I rooted I've been using the latest Bamf remix. But the other day I flashed Virus Rom & holy hell, I found my new daily driver for sure! Virus is super snappy & responsive, debloated, battery life is great so far & feels similar to Bamf so it's not hard to get used to (aside from restoring settings & apps). Definitely recommend to anyone on the fence about switching Roms

DerekC28

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Thank you both. I am definitely still a noob but am catching on quick. I came from blackberry and still have it for work but this is my first android phone and I am loving it so much. The only complaint I could even come up with would be the battery life but guess over time and playing around I'll figure out what works best and how to do it. And of course it wouldn't be possible without the help of people here, I have spent several hours reading up on the thunderbolt posts.

Reactions: nate44

SoDev

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm still on my latest dasBAMF, which I love, but after installing CM7 yesterday to get netflix working (and it did work!) I'm debating on making the switch. Not only for Netflix, but CM7 felt very clean and seemed to have a lot of options, two things I am a fan of.

djinsydius

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm still on my latest dasBAMF, which I love, but after installing CM7 yesterday to get netflix working (and it did work!) I'm debating on making the switch. Not only for Netflix, but CM7 felt very clean and seemed to have a lot of options, two things I am a fan of.

I've been waiting for a solid build of CM7 to drop before switching to it since I heard about all the bugs in the alpha version, but it sounds like the latest is getting some great feedback so far.

SoDev

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Me too, felt pretty good yesterday for the shot time I was on it. I just made a nandroid backup, tried CM&/Netflix, made a nandroid backup of that, and restored where I was when I started. Today I may go a little deeper. Install my backups on CM7 and such then make a nandroid backup and go back to dasBAMF... I LOVE THIS *$&@! :D

djinsydius

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I hear that, I'm gonna stick with Virus for a little bit before jumping to CM7. After hearing all the positive things about CM7, once I try it I might never use another rom again

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
rsk2mc:

With the latest being released. What kernels and radios are you running. The latest Gapps is 20110307 right?

Dcox28:

Yea there are different kernels that can be used and using set cpu can also allow you to set up profiles like setting the cpu to run lower when screen is off. I don't really know enough to tell you how to do this stuff.

Anybody able to offer some elaboration here? I've never really messed with CPU settings, overclocking/undervolting/etc out of fear of doing damage to my phone if I wasn't sure what I was doing (and I'm not). Even just an explanation of the governor settings would help...

Hockeypuck55

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I am also curious about this question. I flashed Das Bamf 1.63 remix to my thunderbolt last night in hopes of getting some better battery life and also for the cool features. Are there settings that I should do to make my battery better with Das Bamf? Do most use the kernel that comes with this Rom or do you use a different kernel that you have had good luck with the battery? Thanks in advance for your replies and help.

Das BAMF 1.6+ comes with Adrynalyne's own kernel. I use his because it's one less thing I have to flash and it works.

If you want great battery life, go into the Das BAMF toolkit.

Select CPU Settings.
Set Max to 1.024Ghz
Set Min to 245Mhz
Governor to onDemand
Check apply on boot.
Reboot.

Enjoy

DerekC28

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Das BAMF 1.6+ comes with Adrynalyne's own kernel. I use his because it's one less thing I have to flash and it works.

If you want great battery life, go into the Das BAMF toolkit.

Select CPU Settings.
Set Max to 1.024Ghz
Set Min to 245Mhz
Governor to onDemand
Check apply on boot.
Reboot.

Enjoy

Thank you very much, I will indeed give this a try right now!!!

milwaukee613

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Hey when did the latest build of cm7 come out? I thought it was still pre-alpha.
Ive been patiently waiting for a good build so I can finally flash a ROM.

If you could give me some links where you can download the newest cm7 that would be great!

djinsydius

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Reactions: droid_freak

milwaukee613

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member