Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Android Enthusiast

Global Posts
    414 Global Posts
    ROM
    ZYGOT3 2.0/ JDK

Default CM7, GingerBread, BAMF Remix, Radios and Kernels

With all the new stuff that has leaked i am curious as to what people have tried and stuck with or went back to.

I am still on Das BAMF 1.6.3 with Stock Radio ( I think ... base 1.16.00.0223r and 1.13.605.7) with Imoseyon's leankernel 2.5.

I have not even flashed the radio file that vzw released and was later unsigned by jcase.

So i want to know what are you currently running. GB leak? CM7.1.0 RC 0.1? Das BAMF? and with which radios/kernels.

I haven't been able to keep up with all the posts both here and on XDA because im getting ready to start school again next week. So i need some input. Is Das BAMF going to be updated soon? that way i will just wait for that to come out.

Thanks all.
    If you don't have an iPhone.... Well you're probably doing alright.
    Patriot Pride
    Galaxy Nexus < ThunderBolt < Bold 9650 < Storm 2 < Storm 1 < 8330 + 8310
    Quote Originally Posted by st0ic_1 View Post
    Do you wear tight pants?

Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    ROM
    Viper ROM

Been on CM7 for a month, and the latest release is just as awesome for even, even got the new GAPPS working (Gtalk video chat) and netflix streaming
    Motorola Q -> Blackberry storm -> iPhone 3gs -> Blackberry Tour -> Droid Incredible ->Thunderbolt ->Epic 4G Touch->Evo 4G LTE

"ROOTED"

HERE WE GO BROWNIES HERE WE GO

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

I am also curious about this question. I flashed Das Bamf 1.63 remix to my thunderbolt last night in hopes of getting some better battery life and also for the cool features. Are there settings that I should do to make my battery better with Das Bamf? Do most use the kernel that comes with this Rom or do you use a different kernel that you have had good luck with the battery? Thanks in advance for your replies and help.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  
    Android Enthusiast

Global Posts
    414 Global Posts
    ROM
    ZYGOT3 2.0/ JDK

rsk2mc:

With the latest being released. What kernels and radios are you running. The latest Gapps is 20110307 right?

Dcox28:

Yea there are different kernels that can be used and using set cpu can also allow you to set up profiles like setting the cpu to run lower when screen is off. I don't really know enough to tell you how to do this stuff.
    If you don't have an iPhone.... Well you're probably doing alright.
    Patriot Pride
    Galaxy Nexus < ThunderBolt < Bold 9650 < Storm 2 < Storm 1 < 8330 + 8310
    Quote Originally Posted by st0ic_1 View Post
    Do you wear tight pants?

Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    ROM
    Eternity

Ever since I rooted I've been using the latest Bamf remix. But the other day I flashed Virus Rom & holy hell, I found my new daily driver for sure! Virus is super snappy & responsive, debloated, battery life is great so far & feels similar to Bamf so it's not hard to get used to (aside from restoring settings & apps). Definitely recommend to anyone on the fence about switching Roms

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

Thank you both. I am definitely still a noob but am catching on quick. I came from blackberry and still have it for work but this is my first android phone and I am loving it so much. The only complaint I could even come up with would be the battery life but guess over time and playing around I'll figure out what works best and how to do it. And of course it wouldn't be possible without the help of people here, I have spent several hours reading up on the thunderbolt posts.
    Thanked by:
    nate44 

Global Posts
    1,035 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 RC1.2

I'm still on my latest dasBAMF, which I love, but after installing CM7 yesterday to get netflix working (and it did work!) I'm debating on making the switch. Not only for Netflix, but CM7 felt very clean and seemed to have a lot of options, two things I am a fan of.
    -SoDev

Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    ROM
    Eternity

Quote Originally Posted by SoDev View Post
    I'm still on my latest dasBAMF, which I love, but after installing CM7 yesterday to get netflix working (and it did work!) I'm debating on making the switch. Not only for Netflix, but CM7 felt very clean and seemed to have a lot of options, two things I am a fan of.
    I've been waiting for a solid build of CM7 to drop before switching to it since I heard about all the bugs in the alpha version, but it sounds like the latest is getting some great feedback so far.

Global Posts
    1,035 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 RC1.2

Me too, felt pretty good yesterday for the shot time I was on it. I just made a nandroid backup, tried CM&/Netflix, made a nandroid backup of that, and restored where I was when I started. Today I may go a little deeper. Install my backups on CM7 and such then make a nandroid backup and go back to dasBAMF... I LOVE THIS *$&@!
    -SoDev

Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    ROM
    Eternity

I hear that, I'm gonna stick with Virus for a little bit before jumping to CM7. After hearing all the positive things about CM7, once I try it I might never use another rom again

Quote Originally Posted by aBoldPatriotsFan View Post
    rsk2mc:

With the latest being released. What kernels and radios are you running. The latest Gapps is 20110307 right?

Dcox28:

Yea there are different kernels that can be used and using set cpu can also allow you to set up profiles like setting the cpu to run lower when screen is off. I don't really know enough to tell you how to do this stuff.
    Anybody able to offer some elaboration here? I've never really messed with CPU settings, overclocking/undervolting/etc out of fear of doing damage to my phone if I wasn't sure what I was doing (and I'm not). Even just an explanation of the governor settings would help...

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

On Das BAMF 1.6.3. Very happy.

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by Dcox28 View Post
    I am also curious about this question. I flashed Das Bamf 1.63 remix to my thunderbolt last night in hopes of getting some better battery life and also for the cool features. Are there settings that I should do to make my battery better with Das Bamf? Do most use the kernel that comes with this Rom or do you use a different kernel that you have had good luck with the battery? Thanks in advance for your replies and help.
    Das BAMF 1.6+ comes with Adrynalyne's own kernel. I use his because it's one less thing I have to flash and it works.

If you want great battery life, go into the Das BAMF toolkit.

Select CPU Settings.
    Set Max to 1.024Ghz
    Set Min to 245Mhz
    Governor to onDemand
    Check apply on boot.
    Reboot.

Enjoy
    Thanked by 2:

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hockeypuck55 View Post
    Das BAMF 1.6+ comes with Adrynalyne's own kernel. I use his because it's one less thing I have to flash and it works.

If you want great battery life, go into the Das BAMF toolkit.

Select CPU Settings.
    Set Max to 1.024Ghz
    Set Min to 245Mhz
    Governor to onDemand
    Check apply on boot.
    Reboot.

Enjoy
    Thank you very much, I will indeed give this a try right now!!!

Global Posts
    93 Global Posts

Does Anyone have the link to the Virus Rom!

Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    ROM
    Eternity

Quote Originally Posted by Goofypook View Post
    Does Anyone have the link to the Virus Rom!
    ║▌ ║▌││░ 04.06.11 ░ ★ VirusROM AirborneTB ★ ░ RC1B3 ░1.12.605░ Senseless ░ █║▌ ║ - xda-developers

Here it is, there's 2 versions, sense or senseless. I've been using the sense version & it's awesome, pretty similar to Bamf, but it seems a lot more responsive & snappy, enjoy!

ROM
    InfectedROM 3.5

Hey when did the latest build of cm7 come out? I thought it was still pre-alpha.
    Ive been patiently waiting for a good build so I can finally flash a ROM.

If you could give me some links where you can download the newest cm7 that would be great!

Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    ROM
    Eternity

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee613 View Post
    Hey when did the latest build of cm7 come out? I thought it was still pre-alpha.
    Ive been patiently waiting for a good build so I can finally flash a ROM.

If you could give me some links where you can download the newest cm7 that would be great!
    [ROM] Pre-ALPHA Pre-release of CyanogenMod 7 for Thunderbolt Updated 5-17 - xda-developers

Here it is, the latest build is the 2.3.4 Test1 link
    Thanked by:

ROM
    InfectedROM 3.5

Quote Originally Posted by djinsydius View Post
    thanks!

I see that it is still in pre-alpha. I guess ill just wait till the real deal comes out.

Im getting sick on the normal stock ROM, cant wait till gingerbread or CM7 comes out.

Any thoughts on whether to go for gingerbread or CM7? Im not sure which would be the better choice
    Energy hoarder

Global Posts
    1,473 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock rooted

I'm running the leaked Gingerbread with sense 2.1 and running great.

I've been running Tesla Coil and Das BAMF. I prefer the look of BAMF, but Tesla Coil is rock solid. Is that test1 5/17 link a full CM7 build, or just an update? It's tiny at 80 megs!

ROM
    InfectedROM 3.5

Doesnt the leaked gingerbread have problems with the camera?

I guess I just want a good ROM that works ...stock pre update has issues with the GPS and others have issues as well.

Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    ROM
    Eternity

thanks!

I see that it is still in pre-alpha. I guess ill just wait till the real deal comes out.

Im getting sick on the normal stock ROM, cant wait till gingerbread or CM7 comes out.

Any thoughts on whether to go for gingerbread or CM7? Im not sure which would be the better choice
    If you're coming from stock, I'd say hold off on cm7 until its closer to being final (its still in alpha). There's a few gingerbread roms with different features over on xda to try out, but if you're just starting out, try bamf. Its solid & easy to use.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    InfectedROM 3.5

aight...ill give it a shot.

Whats the best one to use? Also I know that for BAMF you need to also flash a radio file as well.
    I dont know what I actually need, if you could help me out id appreciate it!

Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    ROM
    Eternity

aight...ill give it a shot.

Whats the best one to use? Also I know that for BAMF you need to also flash a radio file as well.
    I dont know what I actually need, if you could help me out id appreciate it!
    Check out the original thread for it in this forum. The first post will tell u what u need to do & how to do it. I used rom manager a lot since it does a lot of the legwork for you
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast