HALP! Titanium back froze phone!

crescent

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Just flashed Das BAMF 1.6.3 and ran titanium back up it is frozen on com.htc.mistatusmonitor! WHAT DO?!?! PLEASE GOD TELL ME I DIDN'T BRICK IT!

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
This is of absolutely no help to you right now, and unfortunately I don't have any insight to your current problem...however, I will just add that when ever I restore my data using Titanium, I pretty much always go through it and manually update only the apps that I've downloaded and/or I know specifically are safe to restore. I don't touch any of HTC or other system apps, mainly to avoid issues like you're describing.

Again, sorry I can't help, but figure this may at least prevent a similar issue in the future.

If it were me, I'd try to boot into recovery if possible and flash my last working ROM and start over.

crescent

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
i waited about 15 minutes later thinking the back up would be running still and maybe sense crashed or something. i then did a battery pull and rebooted. everything seems to be exactly the same as before i flashed the new rom. i think it just crashed sense loading whatever that file is. thanks for the response though *wipes sweat from forehead* that was skerry!

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
i waited about 15 minutes later thinking the back up would be running still and maybe sense crashed or something. i then did a battery pull and rebooted. everything seems to be exactly the same as before i flashed the new rom. i think it just crashed sense loading whatever that file is. thanks for the response though *wipes sweat from forehead* that was skerry!

Don't restore system data!, you can read a thorough tutorial on backups written by pvillecomp aka the stig aka http://forum.androidcentral.com/inc...back-up-what-restore-when-switching-roms.html

Reactions: nate44

crescent

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
ruh roh! so should i wipe and flash again?
i can go through and set everything back the way i wanted i guess, just didn't want to go through ALLLLLLLLLL the settings and my home screens/widgets and such.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
i can go through and set everything back the way i wanted i guess, just didn't want to go through ALLLLLLLLLL the settings and my home screens/widgets and such.

You can set titanium backup to filter out system data, so you only backup user data, like for game progress and such.

you can get my backup or something like it to backup other stuff like bookmarks, texts, alarms, etc.

You should wipe data, cache and dalvik and reflash, and be sure not to have titanium auto-restore your system stuff.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site

For the record, when it comes to home screens and widget placement and stuff, MyBackup is probably what you need to get that stuff back.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakhikumari800000