[ROM][GB][5.23.11]Das BAMF 2.0-5

Bolt_of_Thunder

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Sure I wake up and now there is a newer version, damnit! haha Man I love this community! Alright so now I'm wondering what I need to do to go from .2 to .3. I am also running the imos 2.5.3test3 kernel since it was needed to make .2's camera work (not sure if that affects the upgrade process).

Are these exact steps correct?:

Wipe data/factory reset
Wipe cache/dalvik
Flash 2.0.3
Another data and cache/dalvik wipe
Reboot

Is wiping everything again necessary after flashing 2.0.3?

EDIT: Or can I just flash .3 over .2 without wiping anything?

Last edited:

marcusjpitts#AC

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
i just tried to flash .3 over .2 and did all the necessary wipes but it booted up with a "System UIDS Inconsistent" Error that says the system is unstable. It gives the option "Feeling Lucky" which i clicked and everything seems to be working fine but just want to know if this is something to worried about.

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
EDIT: Or can I just flash .3 over .2 without wiping anything?

I went that route this morning and got stuck in random reboot hell going from .2 to .3 with no wipe. Not sure if the download was corrupt or something went wonky with the upgrade. I wiped .3 and everything was fine until I tried to restore app data with My Backup Pro and the apps would just force close. Backtracked to the Gingerjane 2.3.4 build I was using prior to das BAMF 2.0, redownloaded 2.0-3, installed with no wipe and everything has been good since. Well except for the fact that I toasted my battery messing with it this morning between reboots and trying to restore everything.

Chillerman

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
With this new GB rom there are still a number of issues, one of them being that either the camera works or the USB port works. In BAMF they have chosen to have the camera work so if you put on this rom you will no longer be able to switch to the TB as a drive via USB until they get that fixed.

When putting on a new rom you need to be careful to READ ALL of the information. They made this quite clear in the OP and didn't try to hide anything. This is why I'm not upgrading to BAMF 2.x.x until they get the kernel fixed so that it support both camera and USB port.

This is not a criticism of the das BAMF team, they are putting out great stuff and I am on 1.6.3 and loving it, it is a criticism and a caution to people who get overly excited about something new and put in on their phone without reading or realizing what they are doing. The BAMF team was up front about the issues with this beta build.

If you read all the info in the OP carefully, you will see that both the camera and the usb are working with rev 3.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Bolt_of_Thunder

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I decided to wipe data before flashing .3 since it seems like quite a few people over at the xda forums were having weird bugs if they did not wipe data before flashing. Plus I didn't really set anything up after installing .2 since I was tired and went to bed. Although others didn't experience any bugs if they didn't wipe data before flashing. I guess it depends on if you want to redownload all of your apps which is not a problem for me since I have tibackup pro.

Everything seems to be working fine at the moment!

Bolt_of_Thunder

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Can someone explain what Hot Restart is? Thanks

Also I am restoring apps using TiBu pro from when I was on 1.6.3 Remix and I have one on here called HTC Sync 871. Not sure what it is and if it would mess with anything on 2.0.3

Last edited:

bkorver

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
I keep getting "Application HTC DM (in process com.htc.android.omadm.services) is not responding." I also have NO radio reception. Help?

Last edited:

jackmei2

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
it's nice and sunny here in chicago, and whenever I unlock my screen and the sun is shining brightly on the htc home weather/clock widget, a lightsaber sound is made with the animation. nice touch, but then someone in the office asked, "who's got the lightsaber???" thanks for the ROM guys, loving the das bamf series. sending a beer or two your way.

bkorver

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
Also getting "Application Sync Service (in process com.fusionone.android.sync.service) is not responding" I tried reloading it several times... Any ideas?

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Also getting "Application Sync Service (in process com.fusionone.android.sync.service) is not responding" I tried reloading it several times... Any ideas?

Did you flash the new radio's after flashing BAMF and before the first boot? Maybe try flashing the radio again or try flashing the rom again.

Hibernate doesn't completely shut down your phone but puts it in a sleep mode where I believe that the radio, GPS, and other programs are shut down. And waking from hibernation take only a few seconds.

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
If you read all the info in the OP carefully, you will see that both the camera and the usb are working with rev 3.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

LOL

Yeah, you're right! There are new builds coming out on BAMF so fast that you have a new one out before you're finished loading that last one!! :D

dd0yl3

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Have any of the last builds fixed the constant freezes, that are ocuring . I had to pull the battery 3 times today.

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Have any of the last builds fixed the constant freezes, that are ocuring . I had to pull the battery 3 times today.

I've had no freezes on 2.0-2 or 2.0-3. Computer didn't want to recognize the phone as external storage even after selecting it as a disk drive but toggling every option eventually got it working. lol

weavertim

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I cant even get titanium backup to work after the update. it wont let me back anything up, restore anything, and in rom manager i cant even load a rom from my sd card...any ideas?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995