Rooting and insurance?

Harkes2k

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
After all the constant issues of the latest OTA I have almost made up my mind to root... I have insurance and I know it voids the warranty so would my insurance still cover me worst case? Thanks for the responses in advance I look forward to trying out the latest DAS BAMF rom!!!!

nate44

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
If you have any problems and you need to return it, you can revert back to stock unrooted (S-On) easily. The only way you're going to screw up your phone is if you don't follow directions closely, and carelessly flash this and that without knowing what you're doing. Even if you do mess things up pretty badly (rare possibility) there is always some way to resolve the problem.

nate44

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Follow directions closely, and after you're rooted, make sure you make a backup in recovery. There is a guide from Cyber Warrior on how to do that. It will also instruct you on how to flash ROMS/Kernels. If you have any other questions don't be afraid to ask!

Smittyn804

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Did you download the HTC drivers on your pc first via the links before the "auto root" link? Where in the process were you?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

nmscuba

May 1, 2011
Visit site
Just so you know, that if you don't clean up your SD card after you restore it back to stock there is all kinds of stuff on there that shows you rooted your phone.

So go though each folder and open them, There are TXT files GLOGS yes that not miss spelled, left over apps etc all which could cause you a problem if they start looking.

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Just so you know, that if you don't clean up your SD card after you restore it back to stock there is all kinds of stuff on there that shows you rooted your phone.

So go though each folder and open them, There are TXT files GLOGS yes that not miss spelled, left over apps etc all which could cause you a problem if they start looking.

You keep your sd card if you're getting a warranty replacement as the replacement likely won't come with an sdcard or battery.

nmscuba

May 1, 2011
Visit site
Your correct on keeping your SD card, but when you walk into the store to have someone check it out your SD card is in your phone and they go though everything to see what apps you installed and other things such as rooting etc.

Im sure they are looking to see you did not do any "jail breaking" which is what they called it at the store I was at.

But when they ship me my phone, your right it won't have any cards in it