Rooting after OTA?

sound48

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I think I mistakenly posted this on the other part of the forum when I should have posted it here. I'm completely new to Android, and rooting, so hopefully you guys can help.

I was thinking about rooting, doing a lot of reading, but decided to wait until after the OTA update. Since then, I've had issues with the phone rebooting constantly.

Has anyone had rebooting issues during the rooting process on updated phones? I don't want to be in the middle of rooting and have the rebooting issue screw everything up.

Will rooting stop the rebooting issue that popped up with the OTA update?

Also, can you recommend any links for rooting phones with OTA updates?

Jett2314

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Rooting will not stop your reboots. Most feel the reboots are do to the new radio in the OTA. Check out the forums over at XDA . Jcase has some good step by step processes on rooting.

Reactions: sound48

nate44

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I think I mistakenly posted this on the other part of the forum when I should have posted it here. I'm completely new to Android, and rooting, so hopefully you guys can help.

I was thinking about rooting, doing a lot of reading, but decided to wait until after the OTA update. Since then, I've had issues with the phone rebooting constantly.

Has anyone had rebooting issues during the rooting process on updated phones? I don't want to be in the middle of rooting and have the rebooting issue screw everything up.

Will rooting stop the rebooting issue that popped up with the OTA update?

Also, can you recommend any links for rooting phones with OTA updates?

I think you may be exaggerating a bit, but DroidXcon's auto root method shouldn't take long to do, and I'm sure if it just happens to reboot during the process he could help you out. It does work if you have previously installed the ota as well.

Once you're rooted you can revert back to the stock radio, and that should help with your rebooting issues

Reactions: sound48

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary