Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Rooting after OTA?

I think I mistakenly posted this on the other part of the forum when I should have posted it here. I'm completely new to Android, and rooting, so hopefully you guys can help.

I was thinking about rooting, doing a lot of reading, but decided to wait until after the OTA update. Since then, I've had issues with the phone rebooting constantly.

Has anyone had rebooting issues during the rooting process on updated phones? I don't want to be in the middle of rooting and have the rebooting issue screw everything up.

Will rooting stop the rebooting issue that popped up with the OTA update?

Also, can you recommend any links for rooting phones with OTA updates?

ROM
    BAMF Forever 1.0.9

Rooting will not stop your reboots. Most feel the reboots are do to the new radio in the OTA. Check out the forums over at XDA . Jcase has some good step by step processes on rooting.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Synergy

Quote Originally Posted by sound48 View Post
    I think I mistakenly posted this on the other part of the forum when I should have posted it here. I'm completely new to Android, and rooting, so hopefully you guys can help.

I was thinking about rooting, doing a lot of reading, but decided to wait until after the OTA update. Since then, I've had issues with the phone rebooting constantly.

Has anyone had rebooting issues during the rooting process on updated phones? I don't want to be in the middle of rooting and have the rebooting issue screw everything up.

Will rooting stop the rebooting issue that popped up with the OTA update?

Also, can you recommend any links for rooting phones with OTA updates?
    I think you may be exaggerating a bit, but DroidXcon's auto root method shouldn't take long to do, and I'm sure if it just happens to reboot during the process he could help you out. It does work if you have previously installed the ota as well.

Once you're rooted you can revert back to the stock radio, and that should help with your rebooting issues
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thanks, I'll look into both of those. Nice to see people on these boards are so helpful.