Two Issues After Rooting

Wildside

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm having 2 issues after rooting my phone on Monday.

1) Debloated using Corey's guide. Blockbuster still shows in the app drawer but is not in /system/apps. I've rebooted multiple times.

2) Bolt is not connecting to my Jawbone Icon. Before root it paired and connected with no problem. After root the phone doesn't even see the headset. I've set the phone to scan for devices and headset discoverable. The phone discovers my son's computer in his room but not my headset a foot away.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Smittyn804

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
I don't know what to say about your blue tooth but a battery pull may help. Leave out for a minute then put back in. As for blockbuster I believe you need to run the update then open the app and go to options and delete/uninstall. Or try deleting from menu > applications> bb app > uninstall.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Wildside

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
The Blockbuster trick worked. Went into Menu/Applications/Manage Applications/Blockbuster and clicked Uninstall Updates. Got a can't uninstall message and exited back out to home screen. Went back into app drawer, clicked on Blockbuster and got the message the app is not installed on the device. After a reboot the icon is gone.

Thanks for the help.

nate44

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
You probably deleted something that messed with your blue tooth setup. I would flash a ROM. If you want to keep the stock look, but just remove bloat go with BAMF Debloat Edition here. [ROM] [05.08.11] Das BAMF 1.6.3 - xda-developers

Follow Cyber Warrior's sticky guide on the proper way to flash. You'll see a noticeable improvement over stock and it should fix your problem.

Wildside

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Thanks.

I'm planning to flash Das BAMF 1.6.3 this weekend. I'm not sure how much of the bloatware is removed in the ROM. Some things I use (calculator, flashlight) but I'm sure there are market apps available.

Smittyn804

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Thanks.

I'm planning to flash Das BAMF 1.6.3 this weekend. I'm not sure how much of the bloatware is removed in the ROM. Some things I use (calculator, flashlight) but I'm sure there are market apps available.

All of the actual bloatware is gone and the few other little things can be removed through the bamf toolkit included.

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Thanks.

Calculator and flashlight are included in DB 1.6.3.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles