Flashing GB can brick

C Dirty

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
That sucks. I was considering trying it out, too. I guess if you have insurance you can "lose" your phone if it bricks, but tough luck if you don't have that.

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Folks, the leaked radio that is used with Gingerbread can PERMANENTLY brick your phone. I'm not taking that risk and returned to a Froyo ROM, which all use older radio files.

SF DINC

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I immediately went back to 1.6.3 REMIX, as soon as this was released yesterday......it is a great ROM, but I can wait for stability......

w00tw00twhat

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Weak...i really don't want to but...i don't want my phone to brick either...sigh will do this when I have time later, hope it doesn't brick on me in the mean time lol

Last edited:

rtj0615

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
here is some info....i had flashed the new gb radio then i was going to flash the rom. but for some reason after i flashed it went tohtc screen then into animation screen and stayed there all night...i tried numerous things and none worked for me. after a while i was able to recieve calls n couls call out only the person who had just called me. what i figure out is that i had wiped out the phone completly meaning i had no software installed?? how that happened i dont know i used a micro sd adapter and put into cpu and removed the radio file n still same problem. what i did next was i wiped out my sd card and loaded dasbamf 1.5 version n got it up in running.. all working now just need to figure out/or install a radio that had LTE...which is the only thing not working. Iam in a 4g area so for me it does matter. just wanted to advise everyone that has had issues what i have tried.. doesnt mean it will work for u but u never know. also good info for the DEVS.. im a nubbie to Androids but have flashed roms on BB'S(storms) beore so i kinda know the basics....

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance