If you BRICKED your TBolt using the GB Radio...

DJBeanPole

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
*** XDA FORUMS THREAD LINKAGE: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1098363 ***
jcase from XDA Forums needs your help...

Please do the following:

jcase XDA FORUMS said:
Please tun this command from adb shell, and report back the following information.

cat /sys/class/block/mmcblk0/device/name

His contact information is as follows:

Twitter with me

Web Chat

IRC: irc.andirc.net #thunderbolt

Current theory is OFF BRAND EMC's could be the culprit...

Right now alot of people NOT BRICKED are displaying this:

SEM08G

They are hoping a bricked phone yields a different result...

DJBP

Last edited:

nate44

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Hard to believe noone has come forward yet, being that they reported a large (or large enough) number of people being bricked to issue that warning in the first place.

w00tw00twhat

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
after this whole day, flashing back this morning i really almost wish i didnt, i mean yeah there was a chance...a scary chance at that but even some are sticking to it...GB felt so freaking nice, i love 1.6.3, (haven't done 1.7 yet) but it still isnt as smooth as that was, and as the remix version came out to. Does 1.7 have a remix yet?

aBoldPatriotsFan

Android Enthusiast
Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Hard to believe noone has come forward yet, being that they reported a large (or large enough) number of people being bricked to issue that warning in the first place.

Maybe they are not on here because they are trying to get the whole BRICKING thing sorted out or trying to get another ThunderBolt?? Also if there are SOOO many. Why wouldn't one or two come on here to tell us what happened.

I will do what jcase said and provide feedback. When it does happen since this is day 2! Yes count em T-W-O on it.

aBoldPatriotsFan

Android Enthusiast
Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
after this whole day, flashing back this morning i really almost wish i didnt, i mean yeah there was a chance...a scary chance at that but even some are sticking to it...GB felt so freaking nice, i love 1.6.3, (haven't done 1.7 yet) but it still isnt as smooth as that was, and as the remix version came out to. Does 1.7 have a remix yet?

Your forum info still says your on GB?!

blizz419

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
There were a couple people in the forums say they were bricked do to this so its not like nobody came forward

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

nate44

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Maybe they are not on here because they are trying to get the whole BRICKING thing sorted out or trying to get another ThunderBolt?? Also if there are SOOO many. Why wouldn't one or two come on here to tell us what happened.

I will do what jcase said and provide feedback. When it does happen since this is day 2! Yes count em T-W-O on it.

Well I don't mean on here (this forum) in particular since the rooted users pale in comparison than at XDA, but you would think that ONE person who has this 'endless boot loop' type brick would've been able to enter that command by now. Sigh

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie