project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
running DasBamf 1.7 (though some say it's actually 1.6.3nte)--not really seeing any improvement in battery life (like other users have reported from flashing it) in the past 2.5 days i've been running it.

looking to improve battery life

three questions:
1) people say you need to calibrate the battery when flashing a new ROM
--is this simply full charge, full depletion, full charge, full depletion, etc? or is this clearing some battery statistic in some setting (in spare parts or wherever) and the phone re-learning the battery/kernel?

2) i know it's dangerous to overclock the CPU, but is it likewise dangerous to keep the CPU at a lowered state while the screen is on? i'm not saying 245, but something in the middle like 1075 (in the area)

3)is Kernel Manager, via the AndroidMarket, the best source or something you'd recommend? i have the lite version, but would consider the Pro version if it's something recognized by the community as reliable source of kernels (like RomManagerPro for quick access to ROM's)

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
running DasBamf 1.7 (though some say it's actually 1.6.3nte)--not really seeing any improvement in battery life (like other users have reported from flashing it) in the past 2.5 days i've been running it.

looking to improve battery life

three questions:
1) people say you need to calibrate the battery when flashing a new ROM
--is this simply full charge, full depletion, full charge, full depletion, etc? or is this clearing some battery statistic in some setting (in spare parts or wherever) and the phone re-learning the battery/kernel?

2) i know it's dangerous to overclock the CPU, but is it likewise dangerous to keep the CPU at a lowered state while the screen is on? i'm not saying 245, but something in the middle like 1075 (in the area)

3)is Kernel Manager, via the AndroidMarket, the best source or something you'd recommend? i have the lite version, but would consider the Pro version if it's something recognized by the community as reliable source of kernels (like RomManagerPro for quick access to ROM's)

1 there is an app called battery calibration in the market - it erases battery stats and creates fresh ones. you charge to 100, remove from charger, calibrate, then let battery deplete to empty or very close, and charge again to 100

2 if your phone operates with low max frequencies you are good - it's not dangerous per se, some phones just wont work correctly with certain low settings.

3 i never use kernel manager, i just dl the kernels from xda, usually on my phone's browser.

Rem

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
1) I second BatteryCalibration. You can also wipe battery stats while in recovery, but the app saves you a reboot.

2) Again - what zero said. I tried Imoseyon's battsaver kernel (underclocked/undervolted) a while back and my phone would reboot and sometimes even lock up while the screen was off, forcing me to pull the battery. I switched to the normal version (overclocked/undervolted) and that got rid of the reboots and lockups.

FYI, since switching to Remix 1.7 and calibrating I'm at 20h 54m since unplugged (4h 25m awake, 3h 15m screen on) and I have 28% left.

3) I download directly from xda as well. Not sure how much detail Kernel Manager provides, but I like being able to skim the threads, read full changelogs, see if anyone has issues, etc.

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
thanks all

dl'ed battery calibration--will try it later.
yeah, i don't think i'll pay the $3.99 for the pro KernelManager, then.

i've an account over on xda and peruse it routinely, but never really dived into the kernel threads. might as well, i suppose.

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Plus one to everything above.

I am having super luck with my battery life though on Imo's kernel. But my phone doesn't mind indervplted and under clocked. Kernel manager would be a waste of money, much more benifical to use the threads on xda.

Reactions: zero neck and Rem

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Plus one to everything above.

I am having super luck with my battery life though on Imo's kernel. But my phone doesn't mind indervplted and under clocked. Kernel manager would be a waste of money, much more benifical to use the threads on xda.

able to be found on xda thread? it'll prob be the first one i flash.

so i've read: wipe cache/dalvik---DON'T wipe data.
i'll try my hand at this tonight.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey