Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Rooted, Stock

Default ROM Manager error-Tbolt

Im getting an error with ROM Manager, when i go to download ROM, and then dasBAMF, it say's "error occurred while downloading the ROM list! please contact the developer of this ROM"...but only for dasBAMF, no other dev's...is anyone else experiencing this issue with dasBAMF in ROM Manager? if not, is it safe to just do an uninstall and reinstall? will all my backups be saved or is there a way to just make a nandroid in recovery w/o ROM manager? or should i just flash back to an older recovery and that may solve the problem? i just do not want to uninstall and have it mess up my root or backups

ROM
    Synergy

You shouldn't be using ROM Manager to download or install ROMS. I know it kind of defeats the purpose of the app, but in my opinion it's only good for clockworkmod.

You also should know the process of flashing/backing up ROMS in recovery by now. Cyber Warrior's guide gives you the details on how to do this. There's a link in that guide on the proper way to backup and restore data to new ROMS as well.
    Thanked by:
    Kyle L 

Quote Originally Posted by nate44 View Post
    You shouldn't be using ROM Manager to download or install ROMS. I know it kind of defeats the purpose of the app, but in my opinion it's only good for clockworkmod.

You also should know the process of flashing/backing up ROMS in recovery by now. Cyber Warrior's guide gives you the details on how to do this. There's a link in that guide on the proper way to backup and restore data to new ROMS as well.
    x2

Global Posts
    1,223 Global Posts
    ROM
    Bamf Paradigm

what ^he^ said.

i use it just for CMR.

but yes, i noticed that DasBamf is/was also giving me that error. odd. so it's not just your version/app.
    Thanked by:
    Kyle L 
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

ROM
    Rooted, Stock

Quote Originally Posted by nate44 View Post

yeah i know how to do it through recovery, ROM manager just made it simple to just download and install through that but i guess i'll install the zip in recovery myself then

good to hear its not just my app also thanks