Restore Bloatware

ksheth2130

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I rooted my phone to remove the bloatware. I used Super Manager to transfer the bloatware onto my SD card as stated in the thread on Android Central. I am needing to unroot my phone, so I need to put the bloatware back.

My question is how I can change the ODEX file from the rwxr-x permission to the rw-r--r-- permission in Super Manager. Because when I transfer the files back into the system, the permission stays as rwxr-x.

Also, when I click on System and get a pop-up of Switch System R/W; I click on R/W.

*UPDATE* I figured out how to change the permission back to rw-r--r-- but the program (i.e. Flicker) says Flicker (No Install), and when I try and go install it I get an error saying Application not installed, and I just have to click Done. Any ideas?

Last edited:

ksheth2130

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Have you rebooted?

But yhere is no need to put the bloat back to unroot. Just do the auto unroot or manual unroot.

I need to take it back into Verizon, so I thought I would need to put the bloatware back in place to do so. Or am I incorrect and don't need to worry about it?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781