1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Problems with contacts after switching ROMs?

I was trying to switch from the Desensed DasBAMF 1.7 Remix to the regular DasBAMF 1.7 Remix and after backing up everything with Titanium Backup and restoring what I thought was everything I had no contacts. I've since gone back to the Nandroid before I tried to do this but I would like to go back to the Sense version. Any suggestions?

Titanium is primarily for backing up apps, use "My Backup" for grabbing your settings and stuff like contacts, SMS, calendar, etc.

http://forum.androidcentral.com/thun...-new-roms.html

ROM
    Bamf on HTC. Stock prime

Put all your contacts in to googel(gmail). Once you load gmail on the initial set up. All you contacts will be there.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thanks, I'll be using My Backup from now on. I was only concerned because I'd switched ROMs a couple times doing what I did last night and my contacts came through just fine.

Global Posts
    2,192 Global Posts
    ROM
    JB

best is to load ur contacts to google very easy to do..... every time u load a new rom google auto will restore your contacts
    I'm the ROOT man
    G Talk: Upstreammiami3o5
    Let me help you ROOT your phone

Quote Originally Posted by Upstreammiami View Post
    best is to load ur contacts to google very easy to do..... every time u load a new rom google auto will restore your contacts
    Since im new to the gmail thing how do I load all my contacts from my phone to gmail?

Thank you

Global Posts
    2,192 Global Posts
    ROM
    JB

go to your conatcs hit menu and save them to your sdcard, then delete all of them , after that hit menu and import from sdcard then select to your google account NOT PHONE
    I'm the ROOT man

go to your conatcs hit menu and save them to your sdcard, then delete all of them , after that hit menu and import from sdcard then select to your google account NOT PHONE
    Thank you
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,356 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

Nice to see you back

Global Posts
    2,192 Global Posts
    ROM
    JB

Quote Originally Posted by mclarryjr View Post
    Nice to see you back
    i know man thanks its been a while feel like a rookie haha
    I'm the ROOT man

Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    ROM
    das BAMF 1.8.6 NTE

That's what I was doing wrong, selecting Phone when importing from the SD card. I went from 350 contacts to 1600+ before catching the mistake. Yesterday I was down to 500+ after manual deletion until I read this How-To. Thanks sent, Miami.
    JT
    Wake Forest, NC

Motorola 325i (flip) -> DROID X -> Thunderbolt (running Th3ory v4.0)