Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Flashed MR2 Radio, now it says I don't have service.

I just flashed the MR2 radio after finally getting around to rooting the phone. I'm pretty sure I did everything right. When my phone turned back on I have no service. Is there anything I can do about this?

I pulled my battery and SIM. Nothing changed.

I read this thread but I'm not sure if it applys to my situation. http://forum.androidcentral.com/thun...mr1-radio.html

I was just trying to flash the gingeritis rom. Can anyone help?

Global Posts
    1,035 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 RC1.2

Link to the radio you flashed? The re is a froyo mr2, and a gingerbread one. Running any roms?

Sent from the Bolt via Tapatalk
    -SoDev
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Nope, I was just on stock 2.2.1 Sense. I was going to flash this rom [ROM] [MikRoms] Gingeritis v1.0 Final [6-13-11] Updated!!! - xda-developers and it says to download the radio. So that's what I did. I put it on my SD, went into hboot, and flashed it.

I had the stock file from rooting it, so I flashed that and it seems to be good now. There must be an outage or something near me, because it keeps going from 1X to 3G. I'm just on the line of 4G lte, so I don't get a good signal.

Global Posts
    1,035 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 RC1.2

So you put the radio but not the rom? Assuming that radio is gingerbread only, that would have been the issue.

Sent from the Bolt via Tapatalk
    -SoDev

Global Posts
    1,223 Global Posts
    ROM
    Bamf Paradigm

as noted on AC & multiple other forums,

LTE is having issues today from midnight until--well, now--in multiple parts of the country

LTE is finnicky, as everyone knows--and i'll have service just fine one second in one spot but then drop to 1x the next second.

i usually switch to CMDA auto PRL until i'm going to be doing something that's data intense (web browsing, youtube, amazon mp3)

Quote Originally Posted by acquaz10 View Post
    Nope, I was just on stock 2.2.1 Sense. I was going to flash this rom [ROM] [MikRoms] Gingeritis v1.0 Final [6-13-11] Updated!!! - xda-developers and it says to download the radio. So that's what I did. I put it on my SD, went into hboot, and flashed it.

I had the stock file from rooting it, so I flashed that and it seems to be good now. There must be an outage or something near me, because it keeps going from 1X to 3G. I'm just on the line of 4G lte, so I don't get a good signal.
    The MR2 radio will ONLY work with roms based off the MR2 leak (Froyo) or based of the GB leak (i.e. BAMF 2.0).

If you flashed the MR2 radio on a phone running a previous software version, the expected result would be for there to be no radio service at all until you installed a ROM that is designed to work with the new radio.

If you would have installed the Gingervitis ROM immediately after the flashing the MR2 radio, it should have worked just fine, assuming you did everything else correctly.

I think the issue is that you need to flash one of the roms that leaked with the radio. Flyweight was one of these roms. Teh MR2 radio wont work with any pre MR2 rom as far as I can tell.

For me, I flashed the mr2 radio, then I had no service until I flashed the Flyweight rom. Anyhow, that would be your answer. If it is not already on your memory card waiting to be flashed, you will need to download it to your pc, then put it on your memory card with a card reader or something and flash it in recovery.

At any rate, I think this is your issue. I freaked when it happened to me and that was the answer.

Good luck.

This is the thread that helped me and had all the pertinent links I needed to upgrade.

http://forum.androidcentral.com/thun...ock-users.html

Global Posts
    1,035 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 RC1.2

Digging the font editor in the new toolkit.
    -SoDev

Global Posts
    1,223 Global Posts
    ROM
    Bamf Paradigm

Quote Originally Posted by SoDev View Post
    Digging the font editor in the new toolkit.
    i'm debating upgrading...

is the toolkit really that revamped?

update: just saw screen shots of it.
    it's worth it just for the BootAnimations & Fonts portion.

dang.
    to downloading i go!

This just now happened to me after following the instructions here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1110820

Can anyone help me please get service??
    When I think of something good to write here, I will.

Global Posts
    1,223 Global Posts
    ROM
    Bamf Paradigm

Quote Originally Posted by l_boogie820 View Post
    This just now happened to me after following the instructions here:

[ROM] [GB] GINGERTH3ORY V4.0 Tweaked/God Complex V2 Kernel W/****** [6/18/2011] - xda-developers

Can anyone help me please get service??
    to clarify--
    did you perform/follow all of these steps?
    you downloaded the ROM
    you placed the ROM on the root of your SD card
    you downloaded the Gingerbread Radio
    you placed the GingerbreadRadio on the root of your SD card & made sure it was named "PG05IMG.zip"
    you successfully flashed the ROM
    you powered up the phone
    you then rebooted into HBOOT & applied the updated Gingerbread Radio
    you then rebooted the phone

yes?

chances are---your radio downloaded as "MR2PG05IMG.ZIP" and you didn't rename it
    OR
    you changed the name of it it to PG05IMG.ZIP.zip"

using a file explorer (probably included in your ROM) navigate to your SD card & look for the radio file
    is there any file on your sd card called "PG05IMG.zip"?

if so, have you verified that the MD5Sum matches the MD5Sum provided by the download source?
    a bad download could account for no-service

if any of the above hasn't been completed, simply place the file on the root of your SD card, reboot into HBOOT, apply the updated radio, reboot the phone, then remove the radio from the root of your sd card--otherwise it'll keep asking to update it

please correct/specify any information that could help in figuring out the issue
    Thanked by:

Default Re: Flashed MR2 Radio, now it says I don't have service.

Ive been using the 2.5 for about 4 days, and suddenly I don't get 4g anymore, this is the second day. jus full bars of 3g. Think'll flash back to 2.0 this is ridiculous.