[LINK TO] BAMF Sense 3.0 RC3 is LIVE

SPD

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Been waiting for this. Think this may end up being my first ROM ever flashed. What a better way to start huh :-!

kylep23

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Woohoo!

Be aware that Gingerbread ROMs require flashing a new radio as well.

Edit: Server overloaded. Argghhh!

Isn't radio flashing done the same way as ROM flashing? I have had cm7 0.6 and now BAMF 1.7 so I havent done a radio or kernal yet. I just want my GPS to work like it did on my incredible.....and maybe some google video chat.

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Server is getting hammered. Was hoping to.flash tonight but will need to turn in before it finishes downloading. Has been going for 45 minutes and download is at 15 percent.

On the plus side, 2.1 is a great ROM. I just miss the home screen carousel. :)

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Isn't radio flashing done the same way as ROM flashing? I have had cm7 0.6 and now BAMF 1.7 so I havent done a radio or kernal yet. I just want my GPS to work like it did on my incredible.....and maybe some google video chat.

you flash a radio in hboot - move file to root (no folder) of sd card and renamed to PG05IMG.zip

check the md5 for the file with hash droid or astro fm and compare with the md5 listed with the dl link

reboot to bootloader, and volume up to accept the installation

Server is getting hammered. Was hoping to.flash tonight but will need to turn in before it finishes downloading. Has been going for 45 minutes and download is at 15 percent.

there's a mirror in that thread, i'm using that, have 3 min left (about 15 altogether)

this page [6.21.11][ROM] BAMF Sense 3.0 GB RC1 - YOU THOUGHT WE WUZ FINISHED? - Page 19 - xda-developers

I WANT THE CAROUSEL EFFECT ALSO.

Blunt88

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site

that's whats going on! ha ha. still early on the west coast. I'm hanging in there

Blunt88

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
a little help?

I downloaded it from the mirror.
ROM manager gives me the following
"ROM manager is unable to open this file. Please remove any spaces from your file and folder path. Or run it manually via ClockworkMod recovery."

I have it saved directly in the SD card not in a folder.

I'm pretty new to this. I don't now what running it manually via ClockworkMod recovery means....

Blunt88

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
"ROM manager is unable to open this file. Please remove any spaces from your file and folder path. Or run it manually via ClockworkMod recovery."

I'm pretty new to this. I don't now what running it manually via ClockworkMod recovery means....
Figured it out

when you download from the mirror the mirror saves the file as "....final-rc (1)"

you need to rename it and remove the "(1)" so it is "....final-rc.zip"

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
manually installing a rom in clockwork recovery

before you do this make sure you dont have a pg05img.zip on the root of your sd card

if you have not already, make a nandroid backup (in rom manager) before you flash this new rom just in case.

in rom manager select boot into recovery, from there move around with vol keys and press home key to select, back arrow to go back, etc

wipe data, clear cache partition, and clear dalvik under advanced - do these 3 things twice at least.

then install zip from sd card, choose zip from sd card, navigate to the zip file (rom), and select it. afterwards, reboot sys now

Reactions: NotJustAPhone

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site

It's more reliable to backup and flash ROMs in ClockworkMod instead of ROM Manager. Check out the stickied post by Cyber Warrior in this subforum for step-by-step instructions, along with screenshots.

Reactions: zero neck