Will Nandorid Restore restore the Radio file as well?

DirtMcGirt

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Might be a stupid question but I'm running GB w/ the MR2 radio. I made a nandroid backup of the original software right after I rooted and want to try a different ROM. Can I restore that backup and it will restore the original radio file that was with it as well?

by nandroid, i mean rebooting via rom manager and running a backup

turdbogls

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
am pretty sure you have to re-flash the radio again. someone told me that, but i would wait for someone to confirm.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
2.5 is probably closer to what will be released in the next OTA bc it's slightly newer than MR2

I tried both, they were both pretty good, but one day i could only get 3g on MR2 and i live in a good 4g area, so i switched to mr2.5 and haven't gone back. Could have been something other than the radio tho - like cell towers, or maybe the 4g was out for half an hour or something.

Either way they're both stable. If youre phone doesnt agree with one just try the other.

DirtMcGirt

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Aren't MR2 radios only meant for Gingerbread ROMs? I'm going to flash BAMF 1.8 Remix so I thought I needed an MR1 radio? If so, there are several... just looking for the safest one, I'm in a very good 4G covered area (DC).

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
they will, however, save your (modified) kernelf rom that backup :)

This is not correct. I don't know if your joking or not. If you are, then disregard this. Please do not give out untrue information that you are not certain of when it involves a rooted device.

like others have said, you must flash a different radio because it is a separate process. The only thing that will flash a radio will flashing a rom is when you flash the official ruu.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463