Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    ROM
    BAMF 2.1 REMIX w/ MR2.5

Default corporate email hack?

my corporate email requires a security lock above and beyond the HTC lock screen. its terribly annoying. anytime you have to wake up the phone (ANYTIME. even if its less than a second that its dark) you have to enter a code to wake it up.
    is there a way to hack/flash/telepathically tell the phone to "STOP IT!!"

Thanks all

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts

Default Re: corporate email hack?

I'm honestly not sure if there is a way to do this or not, but I will say this...

If you were to do this and you lose / someone steals your phone, they would have access to all your corporate emails, as well as some information that could help them get into the corporate mail servers a little easier if they really wanted to.

Companies put IT policies into place for a reason. I work in IT for one of the top 10 banks in the US, and I know that most employees see IT (especially IT security) as nothing more than an annoyance. Keep in mind that in many companies, bypassing IT security measures or policies is grounds for termination.

Sorry, I don't mean to lecture, but it bothers me when users try to find ways to bypass the security measures we put in place which are there to protect them in the first place.

Global Posts
    128 Global Posts

I use touchdown (so I can sync multiple folders at the same time) and I only have to put my pin in if I reboot my phone. Not sure if that's related to my company's corporate policy or if the touchdown app works differently.

Some of the custom roms (I.e. BAMF 1.7, which I'm currently running) have a modded email app that doesn't force the security lock. Not sure if it would be possible to flash over any rom...?

As has been mentioned, its up to you to make sure you're not violating a corporate policy by breaking this setting.

Global Posts
    196 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shygar View Post
    I use touchdown (so I can sync multiple folders at the same time) and I only have to put my pin in if I reboot my phone. Not sure if that's related to my company's corporate policy or if the touchdown app works differently.
    A little of both. It still applies your corp ITPolicy however, Touchdown only requires you to enter the pin when accessing corp email (after a specified timeout period). It will not require you to enter the pin when using other features of the phone.

Amazon recently had the app on sale but I think it's over now. App is well worth the $ and comes with a 30 day free trial.