need a little step by step here.

bulldogmoe7

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
going to root soon. i need a strong clarification on what i NEED to do.
i plan on using the auto root. simple enough. from there i know i am a super user and such.
now to add a new rom, been reading about bamf roms and such. i would like the gingerbread and sense 3.0

i did the MR1 ota update and that is all i have done.

my main questions are. do i NEED a new radio?
MR2?
i had my DINC rooted and all i used to change roms was ROM MANAGER from the market. can that be used to do everything i need to use to change roms? including if needed the MR2 update?
should i install the MR2 update and then root? i understand that will wipe everything. which is ok.
i am not 100% sure of my self to install onto the computer and place on sd card. i can do it but maybe with a little guidance LOL
thats my confusion with reading everything is the radios and MR2 MR@.5
sorry for the root noob questions. i have been ready many threads and just confused here.
i just want to get rid of the bloatware, better battery and give this phone the true thunder it deserves

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Just follow all he steps in he auto root guide and no need to do the update before rooting. After your rooted you will only need to update your radio if you decide to flash a gingerbread rom and if you do that follow the directions in Zeros updating to GB thread found here. Just take your time and if you have any questions along the way just ask.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
*If* you want to run any BAMF version with Gingerbread (including the one you referenced), you WILL need the MR2 or the MR2.5 radio. You do not however, want to worry about this until after you have done the root process.

1. Root

2. Install Rom Manager. Flash Clockwork Recovery. Forget about Rom Manager. (Seriously, it is highly recommended to install on ROMs directly from the recovery partition, and manually wiping the cache/dalvik/data first -- problems will arise otherwise).

3. Download the ROM you want to install and if needed, the radio file (CHECK YOUR MD5!). Rom file can be placed anywhere on your SD card; radio file MUST be named "PG05IMG.zip" and be placed on the root of the SD card in order to flash it.

4. Usually, when I need to install a rom AND flash a radio, I reboot into recovery first, clear caches/etc, install ROM. Then, while still in recovery, plug into computer via USB and use ADB to reboot into the bootloader and install the radio ("adb reboot bootloader").

5. Once everything is finished and the new rom is running; remember to delete, rename or remove the "PG05IMG.zip" file the root of SD Card.

bulldogmoe7

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
*If* you want to run any BAMF version with Gingerbread (including the one you referenced), you WILL need the MR2 or the MR2.5 radio. You do not however, want to worry about this until after you have done the root process.

1. Root

2. Install Rom Manager. Flash Clockwork Recovery. Forget about Rom Manager. (Seriously, it is highly recommended to install on ROMs directly from the recovery partition, and manually wiping the cache/dalvik/data first -- problems will arise otherwise).

3. Download the ROM you want to install and if needed, the radio file (CHECK YOUR MD5!). Rom file can be placed anywhere on your SD card; radio file MUST be named "PG05IMG.zip" and be placed on the root of the SD card in order to flash it.

4. Usually, when I need to install a rom AND flash a radio, I reboot into recovery first, clear caches/etc, install ROM. Then, while still in recovery, plug into computer via USB and use ADB to reboot into the bootloader and install the radio ("adb reboot bootloader").

5. Once everything is finished and the new rom is running; remember to delete, rename or remove the "PG05IMG.zip" file the root of SD Card.