• 2 Post By ssethv
  • 2 Post By SoDev
  • 1 Post By blizz419
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    ROM
    dasBAMF Sense 3.0 RC3

Default Rooting and what not to do with OTA?

After one roots their TB, does one just simply ignore OTA updates? or is there some menu setting to turn them off? I assume that the update is not pushed without user "consent" (i.e., clicking on a button saying OK to update).

Any other.."Don't do this...after rooting..." advice?
    ANDROID OBSESSED

Global Posts
    1,587 Global Posts

Default Re: Rooting and what not to do with OTA?

Quote Originally Posted by peters4n6 View Post
    After one roots their TB, does one just simply ignore OTA updates? or is there some menu setting to turn them off? I assume that the update is not pushed without user "consent" (i.e., clicking on a button saying OK to update).

Any other.."Don't do this...after rooting..." advice?
    Since I have rooted I have never gotten an OTA... once the OTA comes out to the public, or an early leaked version, all you will need to to is flash the UPdate if you want... For, Instance, when the last update radio came out. I didnt get a notification to accept it, which I would NOT accept it if I did... just wait until a safe for root update get put in the forums anymore questions, jsut ask
    Thanked by:
    zero neck and SoDev like this.

If all you did was root but you are still running the stock OS, you may get asked to perform an OTA update. Just decline it.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    ROM
    BAMF 3 RC4.9

Quote Originally Posted by paintdrinkingpete View Post
    If all you did was root but you are still running the stock OS, you may get asked to perform an OTA update. Just decline it.
    i was not givin a option to decline i was very pissed,( i was only givin the option to delay the update for a certain amount of time) i kept panicking trying to stop it eventually i got the update failed message and i was asked if i wanted to ignore this update or something along those lines then i didn't see it again.

if you flash a new ROM you wont ever see over the air updates i was just holding off till what i deemed a worthy ROM came out which wasnt till the other day with BAMF sense 3.0 RC3

ROM
    CM7 RC1.2

Quote Originally Posted by blizz419 View Post
    i was not givin a option to decline i was very pissed,( i was only givin the option to delay the update for a certain amount of time) i kept panicking trying to stop it eventually i got the update failed message and i was asked if i wanted to ignore this update or something along those lines then i didn't see it again.

if you flash a new ROM you wont ever see over the air updates i was just holding off till what i deemed a worthy ROM came out which wasnt till the other day with BAMF sense 3.0 RC3
    Oh ****... not the update~! Make it stop!
    -SoDev
    zero neck and blizz419 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by blizz419 View Post

Strange. I literally rooted my TB the day before the MR1 update was pushed, and was still running stock OS at the time. I was able to to decline it. (not that it mattered, I installed BAMF 1.6.3 the same day).

Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    ROM
    BAMF 3 RC4.9

Quote Originally Posted by paintdrinkingpete View Post
    Strange. I literally rooted my TB the day before the MR1 update was pushed, and was still running stock OS at the time. I was able to to decline it. (not that it mattered, I installed BAMF 1.6.3 the same day).
    i dunno man i was reading these forums at the time to and i seen people saying to decline it, well i dont think decline was the term the phone used but either way i for whatever reason was not able to do so it would only let me set it to a later time and indefinite was not one of those times lol only after canceling download a few times and a battery pull during its attempt to install was i able to succeed
    zero neck likes this.