[ROM] [FROYO] [07.01.11] Das BAMF 1.8.6

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
"First HTC made MR1. MR1 was without form and void, and reboots were upon the Thunderbolt; and the Spirit of Godrynalyne was watching from above. And Godrynalyne said, "Let there be MR2.x radio support"; and there was. And Godrynalyne saw that the MR2.x radios were good; "

--Totally kidding. Just playing on all the trolls out there that say I have a God complex. Clearly, I do not, and yes, above may be construed as blasphemy. Please take it in stride, as tongue-in-cheek. I am a God fearing man, and am just messing with the trolls. /me hides from lightning strikes

The das BAMF Froyo team is comprised of Trident, ThatDudeButch, and Adrynalyne. Thats not to minimize how many folks actually contribute to this project. We thank you ALL. Without you, we are nothing.

Presenting... das BAMF 1.8.6! (Experimental, MR2.x Radio Support)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Screenshots:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Features of 1.6

• 1.13.605.7 base
  • Debloated, which includes vzw framework, apps, games, libs, and permissions.
  • Tweaked filesystem and minfree.
  • Zipaligned (just once, not every boot, sorry), and deodexed. Odex and deodex perform the same after the first boot, when deodex roms get....odexed. This is merely to save space in /system and make tweaking easier.
  • Added Google Car Home, removed HTC car app.
  • HTC Hub and htcsense.com are partially working.
  • Removed Stocks widget, and app. Google has better apps for this anyway.
  • Superuser is fixed with rmk40's version, woot woot!
  • Our own busybox, version 1.19
  • Profile added to system/bin to help prevent certain malware.
  • Kernel has init.d support, as well as adb root, and usb debugging enabled on every boot (even from a wipe). Many optmizations, tun, cifs, nfs support. Overclocks to 1.5ghz. Undervolted from 1ghz and down. Stock voltage at 1.19, slightly overvolted past that.
  • Kernel will boot at 1036mhz! You must use setcpu to overclock, the kernel will not do it for you automatically.
  • Dusk theme from HTC Skin - "Dusk" Sense 2.5 (Z based ROMs) - xda-developers
  • No location indicator, thanks Bgill55!
  • No recent apps on notification bar. Inspired by http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1004975, using 1.12.605.9 framework, which appears to have quite a few fixes, at least in xml.
  • Transparent pulldown and location reticle deleted
  • Accurate battery and custom super quick transition animations, credit ThatDudeButch
  • Latest maps
  • Settings toggles, credit to sk806 and JSChiSurf
  • Settings toggles control app, credit to sk806 and JSChiSurf
  • 6 bar signal mod, credit sk806
  • gps enhancement, credit to ziggy471
  • Custom Das BAMF skin, credit to gadget!
  • Custom Boot animation, credit to dsb9938
  • Some minor build.prop tweaks
  • Rebot options, including hot restart, credit to aiccucs
  • Battery charging enhancements.
  • Teeter
  • HTC livewallpaper that rotates images
  • Modded email app, credit to Rsotbiemrptson ([MOD] Stock Mail.apk with the exchange policy removed - xda-developers)
  • BAMF toolkit credit to Trident
  • Two way calling recording credit to avs333, skvalex
  • Volume keys wake phone
  • Automatic brightness fixed
  • Google Docs app instead of Quick Office app
  • Tweaked carrier text, and banner credit to gadget!
  • New shell scripts and updater script credit to Trident

Features of 1.6.1

• 32-tab browser is back.
  • Sound events used with raising and lowering volume have been removed.
  • Further tweaking of automatic backight settings in an attempt to fix a bug with dimming and not resuming brightness correctly.
  • Rom manager included.
  • Kernel manager Lite included.

Features of 1.6.2
  • Includes features of 1.6.1.
  • Rom is now running on ext4 filesystem with extra filesystem tweaks.
  • Filesystem tweaks have been moved to the kernel. So if you stop using our kernel, you will also lose the tweaks. Sorry :(
  • Chinese and Japanese languages "should" work properly now.
  • US ntp server added back to gps.conf.
  • OTA updates via Rom Manager should now be enabled.

Features of 1.6.3

• New 4.4.7 kernel with new tweaks and tweaked v/r i/o scheduler.
  • Further tweaking of autobrightness.
  • Updated toolbox to allow v/r scheduler selection and to fix sio scheduler selection bug.
  • Various little tweaks to the rom.

Features of 1.7

• Smoother Rosie that is slightly tweaked visually.
  • Sped up animations.
  • Clear lockscreen.
  • Disabled menu unlock on aosp lockscreen.
  • New default HTC wallpaper.
  • Updated TiBu.
  • Updated Maps.

Features of 1.8:
  • HUGE update to the Das BAMF Toolkit
  • Included Rom Stats application

Features of 1.8.5:
  • MR2.x radio support, only.
  • Works with custom kernels, yay!

Features of 1.8.5:
  • sdcard subsystem is now working :D

Highlights of the BAMF toolkit by Trident:

• Highlights of the BAMF Toolkit by Trident:
  • CPU Settings (configure min/max frequency; governor)
  • Includes Spare
  • Includes Terminal Emulator
  • LTE Settings (toggle 4G, etc)
  • Configure I/O scheduler
  • Mount system
  • Mount system at boot
  • Block or show ads
  • Enable or disable boot sound
  • Enable or disable boot animation
  • Enable or disable sense lockscreen
  • Enable or disable clock in status bar
  • Clear cache
  • Clear dalvik cache
  • Clear battery statistics
  • Fix permissions
  • Enable uber quadrant
  • Remove system applications
  • Backup and restore applications
  • Configure Apps to SD
  • Set dalvik VM heap size
  • Zipalign applicaions
  • Download and install custom fonts
  • Download and install custom boot animations
  • Download and flash custom splash screens

There are three flavors. This list above applies particularly to the nte, non themed edition.

Differences between versions:

There are three flavors. This list above applies particularly to the NTE (non themed edition).

NTE: Fully featured, but does not contain very many theme elements, and very little modification to Rosie (the launcher).
Remix: Fully featured, plus additional theme elements and graphical tweaks.
Stripped: Fully featured, plus many additional theme elements found in the Remix edition, debloated, and desensed.

Download

1.8.6 Non themed edition (full rom)

Download: Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!
MD5: 4cc6ce86cd7fb7b8b4a8d3c173b049ac bamf_1.8.6_nte.zip

This ROM requires the use of a GB or MR2.x radio.

I also recommend a data wipe with this version.

Requirements:
Clockwork Recovery
Root
S-Off
Knowledge of adb

Preferences:
Knowledge of fastboot
Knowledge of adb (required for support)
Knowledge of logcats
An abundance of patience
A good humor

bgill55
jcase
signals23
my wife
my daughter
ThatDudeButch
Trident
gadget!
dsb9938 especially, for all the help with the thread rewrite and images.

Patches (flash in recovery):

Disable wake on volume
Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

Stock transitions and animations
stock_animations.zip

Removal Call Recorder and Call Recorder Support (Do this if you suffer too high of volume)

Visual Voice Mail

Final notes:

-Having issues with Gmail crashing? Please clear data and cache under Settings > Manage Applications > Gmail

-Unexpected closing of browser is usually due to missing Flash

-Call Recorder app will record every call unless you disable it in the Call Recording settings

-If Call Recorder app does not start, disable call recording box, then re-enable it

-It may be ilegal in some states to record both sides of the conversation. Please observe local and state laws.

-Please don't ask me if you need to wipe. You do not need to wipe, unless you have problems. Thats my story and I am sticking to it. Do i recommend it? Yes. Do I require it? No.

Like what we've done? Help keep us going with coffee and beer (mostly beer)! All support is greatly appreciated.

Adrynalyne: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...ton_id=6362350

ThatDudeButch: http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr...if:NonHosted

Trident: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...=9ZC2XYGRVB85U

Last edited:

Bolt_of_Thunder

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Looking good! Can't believe how little traffic this thread is getting. By the way I think you have a typo, you put "features of1.8.5" twice. Not a big deal but people might get confused.

SoDev

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Haha, love it! More story! You almost make me want to go back to froyo... almost. :)

Sent from the Bolt via Tapatalk

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Adrynalyne, I am running the BAMF 3.0 RC4 now and really liking all your work. I am considering trying this one too.

beasleybiz

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
One bug I have noticed is that when I have it plugged in (stay awake is enabled) and the screen dims, when I touch it to bring back full brightness it only brightens part way. If I lock screen, then unlock it comes back full brightness.
Otherwise I am loving the Das BAMF, still seeing random reboots, but not nearly as bad as it was stock.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Are there any specific "advantages" to the MR2 radio?

I tried BAMF 2.1 for about 72 hours, but had to give up on it because I was not happy with the radio at all (I did like the Sense 3.0 elements though!).

I'm having such a great experience with BAMF 1.8 and the MR1 radio that I'm hesitant to switch...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty