Skype v2.0.45 for GB ROMS (works great!!)

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
hey guys--just fyi in case you hadn't read it yet
Skype v2, recently released, got hacked to work with our Thunderbolts running a GB ROM

i'm running DB 2.1Remix, downloaded the apk & did a video call.
audio was loud, picture was clear (over 4G) and no lag/jittery quality.

works very very well

here's the link to the xda thread that has the download link for the apk

Netflix/VVM/My Verizon/Skype with Video for GB (Updated 6/30) - xda-developers

enjoy
(didn't see this posted anywhere on the forums yet--but apologies if someone else is posting this simultaneously)

Reactions: Sauk and zero neck

mysticalman98

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I just had my first video call over 4G with Skype and it blows everything else out of the water when it comes to quality.

Sent from my Tbolt using Tapatalk

agula001

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
i just installed this.
everything seems to be working but my video is flipped
and I have to hold in landscape mode to be right

Slapnpop826

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone been able to use this with a bluetooth headset? I can't seem to find the option to use it and I remember being able to with the previous leaked version.

sscinokc

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm confused about Skype. It sounds like Skype video is suppose to work, but I can't figure out how to initiate the "video" aspect. I'm running BAMF GB 3.0 Sense 4.9RC. Isn't it suppose to work with that? I can make calls, but I see nothing that reflects the video...or does it only start once the call is picked up on?

thinknate

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm confused about Skype. It sounds like Skype video is suppose to work, but I can't figure out how to initiate the "video" aspect. I'm running BAMF GB 3.0 Sense 4.9RC. Isn't it suppose to work with that? I can make calls, but I see nothing that reflects the video...or does it only start once the call is picked up on?

What version of skype are you running? If you are using the leaked version, you should see an option for video call when viewing a contact, right alongside voice call. It works for me, running the same ROM you have.

Christopherg

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
I don' t know what version of SKype Video I was using (did it last weekend), but it kicked ass. My parents noted it was better than on my home pc. They were pretty surprised (my wife had the phone and we were driving). CT, so 4G most of the way.

davidsnoodles

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone been able to use this with a bluetooth headset? I can't seem to find the option to use it and I remember being able to with the previous leaked version.

i hope there release an official skype app for the thunderbolt that supports video. i missed the bluetooth aspect as i would contact my friend before heading off to classes every morning

justo1013

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
wow i would have expected to see a lot more posts on this... has anyone had any issues or have any negative comments on this app?

davidsnoodles

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Skype released an official app for the Thunderbolt and a host of other Android phones. It only supports Gingerbread ROMs for the front facing camera and the rear camera for Froyo ROMs. I still miss the Bluetooth feature though.

Reactions: justo1013

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy