Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By aspenman
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Lovin' My Phone

Default Grouping apps on Excite home page

A really cool dude at Amazon explained to me how to create more of those cool homepage groups. I thought I would copy and paste here:

If you long press on an app, you can drag it on top of a "Group" of apps and it gets added into that Group. Also if you have 2 apps, you can drag one onto the other and it creates a new Group. When you click on the Group, the Group Name is at the bottom, simply click on the Group Name and you'll be able to edit it to whatever you like. This is one of the nicest features that they have added to Android 4.0.

~Janet~

Default Re: Grouping apps on Excite home page

Yep, I love it. Nicely implemented. Just a note: if you have a group with two icons, then dragging one OUT of the group and dropping on the home screen gets rid of the group.

Samsung implemented their own folder function on the GT 2 7", for some reason. Yuck. ICS does a much better job.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    Lovin' My Phone

Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Yep, I love it. Nicely implemented. Just a note: if you have a group with two icons, then dragging one OUT of the group and dropping on the home screen gets rid of the group.

Samsung implemented their own folder function on the GT 2 7", for some reason. Yuck. ICS does a much better job.
    Thanks for the tip!
    ~Janet~

The built in folder functionality is nice, but lacks some features (you can't change the icon, put folders inside of other folders, etc). I recommend using Folder Organizer. It free on the market and will let you do just about anything you can think of regarding the use of folders.
    Thanked by:
    skatergirl likes this.