droberts84

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
What is everyone using for a case for this one?

I really like this tablet and particularly how thin and light it is. However, I am having trouble finding cases made for it, or ANY accessories at all.

I want something that is will cover the screen but is as slim/lightweight as possible. I'm thinking the Toshiba Jacket cover looks nice (Toshiba Jacket Cover for Excite 10 Tablet, Purple Suede), but I can't find anywhere local to buy or check it out.

What are people doing to protect their tablets?

bhaak

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I bought the '10" Portfolio Duo, Black' from the Toshiba store, along with an extra power adapter.

Ordered yesterday and paid for overnight shipping. They are on the FedEx truck on the way to my house now.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
What is everyone using for a case for this one?

I really like this tablet and particularly how thin and light it is. However, I am having trouble finding cases made for it, or ANY accessories at all.

I want something that is will cover the screen but is as slim/lightweight as possible. I'm thinking the Toshiba Jacket cover looks nice (Toshiba Jacket Cover for Excite 10 Tablet, Purple Suede), but I can't find anywhere local to buy or check it out.

What are people doing to protect their tablets?

I also just received the Toshiba '10" Portfolio Duo and it works well ... though I would buy it through Amazon and save some money.

I like that the tablet goes in and out of the case very easily and all the ports are still accessible.

droberts84

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Does it add much bulk or weight to the tablet?

I got the impression that the Toshiba jacket might be a bit thinner then the portfolio, but its hard to really tell what the differences are.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Does it add much bulk or weight to the tablet?

I got the impression that the Toshiba jacket might be a bit thinner then the portfolio, but its hard to really tell what the differences are.

It does add a bit of weight, but not too much. I will bet though that the sleeve weighs less.

Dragonfyrejfd3

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I wanted to protect my 305 first, then find a case second. Bobjgear @ Amazon has heavy duty silicone cases that add a nice grippy roll or ridge to the outside edge of the pad. Allows me to get a good grip on it! Step one down. ( look here -this one is "rockin raspberry" : Amazon.com: Bobj Heavy Duty Case for Toshiba Excite 10 AT305 AT300 - Bobj protective cover - Rockin' Raspberry: Computers & Accessories.). Other colors are available. And the best part is all of the ports are easily available, and protected! I got red myself. But I also considered this day-glo green they have. Then I had to find something to carry it around in...so off to Walmart I went. With the width at the edge now, I had to look for something that could incorporate that width and also give me easy access. I tried several folio type cases out and discovered an i-pad plain black case had just what I needed! My newly protected 305 fit neatly into it WITH the protective silicone case on it! And bonus... this i-pad fold over case also protected the gorilla glass front( as if -at the Best Buy store-they tried to sell me a clear protector for the screen. Its called gorilla glass for a reason! Duh.). But transporting it around is a different thing entirely... so this works wonderfully. The red shows all around the edge, giving this a unique look...but snuggles inside for ready deployment! A nice rubbery strap -which lays flat on the outer jacket swings out and binds both halves together- when snugged for transport. And the best part is the case folds out ( its a transformer!) and back behind the screen- props it up at varying angles on whatever surface you set it on. Its very convenient for viewing movies and videos, to typing e-mails or reading whatever e-books or magazines you have stored on it. But I threw out the cardboard product card it came attached to, so I can't give you any more info than that. Opens like a book, black...uh, oh yea, inside the case it has two small rounded half circles that hold the base of the pad in the case perfectly ( like they were made for it)- and at the top of the case are two wire-like circles that you pull over the top corners to hold it securely in the case. I found that I only need one side held. The circular top grippers slide into the side openings for power on the left, and headphones on the right. As I don't use the headphone jack extensively- this works very well. And the only small problem I discovered was that the gripper on the left fit so snuggly in the power button region, it would shut the pad off. So i just use the other grippy to hold in the pad. And even when I do get around to plugging in some headphones, the plug just needs a firm shove and wiggle to get the headphone tip past the circular grippy band. No worries. Anyway, for me this works wonderfully. But just to re-emphasize- the cases at Bobj gear on Amazon are worth it! And they are NOT cases for the Thrive, or even the earlier Excite version! They are specifically made for the 305! So everything lines up, port-wise!! Anyway that's what I've discovered. Good luck on whatever you discover works for YOU!
JD.

Last edited: