Excite 305 Lag?

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Hello Excite 305 users. I was hoping you could give me some feedback on whether or not you experience lag in certain situations on your tablet. Here's the deal:

I have the Asus 300, which I like, but one problem I have with it is its inability to multi-task when I'm downloading or updating apps from the Play Store. I have used the System Panel Lite app to monitor the cores' production while updating or downloading and what I've noticed is an almost complete dropoff of processing, except for in the core that handles the Play Store. In real-life terms, it means that the tablet becomes almost unusable while I'm updating or downloading apps, and it only seems to happen with the Play Store. I can stream music or play it from memory and there is no effect on the other cores.

I also have the Acer a100 with the Tegra 2, and I never had this problem. As a matter of fact, I can update 2 apps at the same time, and I still don't notice any lag if I'm surfing the web, playing a game, or whatever. This led me to wonder if the problem is with the Tegra 3 or with Asus' software, so I asked Green Laser (AC member) if he was having similar experiences with his Asus 700. Sure enough, he also has serious lag when updating or downloading apps. That's two Asus tablets, both with Tegra 3's that struggle to multi-task, which leads me here to ask you guys and gals if you are having a similar experience. Green Laser and I would really like to determine if it's the Tegra 3 or Asus' software that causes this problem.

So:

Do you have noticeable lag with internet, games, or anything else at the same time you are updating or downloading apps?
Or do you notice lag at any other times on a consistent basis that you can accurately attribute to a certain process?

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
When you guys update multiple apps in Google Play, do they update one after the other or do they all show they are downloading/installing?

Us Asus 300 and Asus 700 users are seeing it do one update after the the other and not multiple at a time, such as it should like on our older phones (thunderbolts) or other branded tablets with different processors.
Eg, on our Asus tabs, if we need to update 4 apps, and we click to update them, all 4 will show they are being updated with the blueish moving lines, however only the first one is actually downloading and installing and then the second app begins when the first is done.

Does any of that happen to any of you guys?

Btw, this happened to us in ics and still happens in jb.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Android Central Forums

Oxn

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
When you guys update multiple apps in Google Play, do they update one after the other or do they all show they are downloading/installing?

Us Asus 300 and Asus 700 users are seeing it do one update after the the other and not multiple at a time, such as it should like on our older phones (thunderbolts) or other branded tablets with different processors.
Eg, on our Asus tabs, if we need to update 4 apps, and we click to update them, all 4 will show they are being updated with the blueish moving lines, however only the first one is actually downloading and installing and then the second app begins when the first is done.

Does any of that happen to any of you guys?

Btw, this happened to us in ics and still happens in jb.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Android Central Forums

Maybe Im mistaken but thats how it is with tablets and phones.

My 305 does it, and my iphone 5 does it this way.

Why would you want all your apps updating at the same time as opposed to one after the other?

Edit: As for is there lag when Im updating, Not any that I notice

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Maybe Im mistaken but thats how it is with tablets and phones.

My 305 does it, and my iphone 5 does it this way.

Why would you want all your apps updating at the same time as opposed to one after the other?

Edit: As for is there lag when Im updating, Not any that I notice

Thanks for he feedback Oxn!

On my Asus, it only updates one at a time, but on my Acer a100 with the Tegra 2, it will update two apps at a time. And just to clarify, if you update a series of apps and then, while it's still updating, try and play a game, for instance, it doesn't lag at all? It didn't on my a100, but it definitely does on my 300 and on Green Laser's 700. So we're just trying to find out if it's Asus' software or the Tegra 3. Right now, I'm leaning toward Asus' software. Thanks again Oxn!

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Oxn.

Even though I feel strongly that I've seen it done in the past with my HTC thunderbolt, I think I'm the one who is wrong about multiple apps updating. I used to be on a GB custom rom for a long time, now on ICS custom rom, and if now I update many apps, all will be updating, but only one of them will be downloading while the others wait in line. I was sure I saw multiple downloading in past, but I apologize, was wrong.

To move back into lag, another instance I get on the 700 is that if the tablet was off wifi, and I enable it, then suddenly all these new emails and notifications start building and showing on the notification area. During this time of things flowing in, it can also be difficult to launch things and get the tablet to move. As if the tablet is geared to set high priority on this as well as apps updating from play store, which bog down for other functions. However, if streaming music from the Internet, that can be minimalized and not bother to add bog. Does that happen?

Thanks.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1