Jellybean is here!

Joe Bressette

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I just downloaded it and it will not install, it errors out with the the little android icon laying down and yellow triangle over it. I even tried to go back to a factory default. Still no luck any ideas?

aliases

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
I've haven't successfully installed either. I believe that they have a bad update.zip on their servers. I'll keep everyone posted if I have any luck later. :(

SithLord0498

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
My father just received his back from repair (bad battery, I believe), and while I was setting it back up for him again yesterday morning, I saw the icon prompting me to update the OS. Aside from taking about a half hour to download (my parents have Verizon DSL...not the fastest service by far), it installed just fine. I didn't really notice any difference though. Couldn't even find the settings for Google Now. :(

EDIT: I'm located in the northeastern region of Pennsylvania, BTW (for those keeping tabs on possible geographically-based rollouts).

tksjewelry

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
If you open Google play you will automatically be sent to GoogleNow update. At least it did for me, it showed up in the notifications as ready for update.
I did have to turn it off and back on once before it showed up, then it just popped in.

No issues with update. I thought my tablet was fast before, now it is hella fast.

Edit: Location Omaha NE

fred72matt

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Downloaded with no problem, new Google search is on. That's the only difference I noticed so far. Well that and the clock in the statusbar is bigger...:)

Sent from my AT300 using Android Central Forums

fred72matt

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
there is now an option to go to Google from the lock screen, also when you shut down the tablet there is a different animation. There is also a bunch of different visual changes.

Sent from my AT300 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan