Skype not working?

Trybalt

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Anyone having trouble getting Skype to work? I tested it with some friends, and I could hear them, but they couldn't hear me. Also, when the call was answered, my screen automatically went blank. There's some sort of sensor around the edge of the Thrive, that I discovered would bring the screen back up if I held my hand over it.

I then used the Google Chat to talk to them, and they said the microphone sounded pretty bad. Does anyone know if it's compatible with USB mics?

Kinglo

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Anyone having trouble getting Skype to work? I tested it with some friends, and I could hear them, but they couldn't hear me. Also, when the call was answered, my screen automatically went blank. There's some sort of sensor around the edge of the Thrive, that I discovered would bring the screen back up if I held my hand over it.

I then used the Google Chat to talk to them, and they said the microphone sounded pretty bad. Does anyone know if it's compatible with USB mics?

Yes it is compatible with usb mics and yes it does go bananas when a skype calls connects.

georgen125

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Try this potential fix: settings>>apps>>skype>>clear data and cache>> reopen skype>>log on.

I was having a lot of problems then I did this and it works fine now, running evo 3d ics.