Thrive pre-orders from Toshiba Direct (and nuclear activity)?

hummingbirdhill

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone in here, besides me, pre-ordered from Toshiba? I just talked to a phone rep who said my Thrive won't be shipped till next Monday, July 18 (even though I ordered it June 13---first day of pre-orders).

If you have pre-ordered from Tosh, and have received your Thrive, would you please post?

Perhaps I'll cancel this order and wait to see what new tabs appear this fall; I've waited this long . . .

I have another question, which will most likely sound paranoid, but can nuclear activity on new digital devices from Japan be a danger in the States?

DiggerG

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I also ordered mine on June 13. I was notified of shipment on Saturday. As of today I have a tracking # from UPS for delivery Thursday. We'll see.

rsix

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone in here, besides me, pre-ordered from Toshiba? I just talked to a phone rep who said my Thrive won't be shipped till next Monday, July 18 (even though I ordered it June 13---first day of pre-orders).

If you have pre-ordered from Tosh, and have received your Thrive, would you please post?

Perhaps I'll cancel this order and wait to see what new tabs appear this fall; I've waited this long . . .

I have another question, which will most likely sound paranoid, but can nuclear activity on new digital devices from Japan be a danger in the States?
I'll address your nuclear question.

Short answer, no. You will get a higher radiation dose from eating a banana, or installing Granite counter tops in your house than you will ever get as a result of what occurred at Fukishima.

Reactions: hummingbirdhill

hummingbirdhill

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Wowsers, within an hour after I talked with phone rep, my inbox received a ship notice with a tracking number---and guess what: my Thrive shipped yesterday.

Delivery date is Friday. I think I'm soooo relieved, but I had just about talked meself into waiting till the next group of tabs emerged. :)

Thanks for your post, DiggerG. Hope you tell us about your impressions after you receive yours Thursday! :)

animejay

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Wowsers, within an hour after I talked with phone rep, my inbox received a ship notice with a tracking number---and guess what: my Thrive shipped yesterday.

Delivery date is Friday. I think I'm soooo relieved, but I had just about talked meself into waiting till the next group of tabs emerged. :)

Thanks for your post, DiggerG. Hope you tell us about your impressions after you receive yours Thursday! :)

I was so mad that i cancelled the order, except for the warranty, and bought it yesterday morning at Best Buy for the same price. ordered the case from J&R and saved tax and shipping on that.

hummingbirdhill

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I was so mad that i cancelled the order, except for the warranty, and bought it yesterday morning at Best Buy for the same price. ordered the case from J&R and saved tax and shipping on that.

I don't blame you a bit; if I'd not been so preoccupied with work these last few days, I may have done the same thing.

hummingbirdhill

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Got mine today at Radio Shack

I'm so very pleased that Toshiba is selling the Thrive through such a large selection of retailers! I initially purchased an HTC Flyer (because I love HTC Sense) but the Flyer was sold exclusively through BB, and the pre-order experience was extremely negative---which I believe resulted because BB had no competition. (I returned the Flyer within a few days due to a glitch in the widgetry, and ultimately decided I need a 10" display to do my work.)

Anyone in here already in possession of a Thrive used the capacitive pen with it yet?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol