Thrive problems, questions, and comments

hummingbirdhill

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, I'm with you about about being parnoid about giving permissions. As it turns out, it has several games that I like, already loaded.
As far as the calendar, probably, not going to worry with the it, just was trying things to see how they worked.

Did you sign up for the trial of Kaspersky? or go with a different one, or non at all.

Thanks, for everyones help. I'm sure I will have more.

I did register for the Kaspersky trial but I'm not too impressed with it. I intend to check on Lookout at the end of the Kaspersky 30 days. I've had quite a few recommendations for Lookout.

And I have an original Nook (with 3G) that I really like but wish it had a larger display so I'm going to see about the android app for Nook ebooks.

Games: So far, I've never played online games and, although I'm not a "gamer," I'm disappointed that the Thrive's Solitaire is online only for I occasionally use Solitaire to clear my mind while I'm reading and grading tests and papers for hours at a time. :)

Reactions: nonie

nonie

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
More questions, does the cover have to be off the port to use the docking station? I don't have the docking station, just wondering.

When I am closing a tab, it seems sort of hard to, I guess to touch it in the right spot to close it, is anyone else having this problem? are do you just not worry about closing the tabs and just go back to the home screen?

hummingbirdhill

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
When I am closing a tab, it seems sort of hard to, I guess to touch it in the right spot to close it, is anyone else having this problem? are do you just not worry about closing the tabs and just go back to the home screen?

Yes, I have to press (rather than just touch) to close the browser tabs too.

nonie

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I see my question about the docking station port, was really a dumb question, lol, just watched a video on youtube, I felt sure it had to come off, just seems hard to get off and I wanted to make sure in case I bought one.

rsix

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I see my question about the docking station port, was really a dumb question, lol, just watched a video on youtube, I felt sure it had to come off, just seems hard to get off and I wanted to make sure in case I bought one.
No dumb questions! There is nothing wrong with curiosity before you are about to spend a substantial amount of money.

The close button on the tabs are very small, I usually have to try a few times before I hit them right on. I'd rather have to try a few times than accidentally hit it all the time though.... Trade offs I guess.

nonie

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
No dumb questions! There is nothing wrong with curiosity before you are about to spend a substantial amount of money.

The close button on the tabs are very small, I usually have to try a few times before I hit them right on. I'd rather have to try a few times than accidentally hit it all the time though.... Trade offs I guess.

Thnks, that is what I have been having to do, try a few times.

I shut the Thrive down last night, this morning when I woke up it was in the sleep mode, anyone else had this happen? Not sure about this. lol

nonie

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
When I did the update for the Thrive, there was never a screen, showing download complete, how do I know if the update, downloaded, It rebooted once.

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
When I did the update for the Thrive, there was never a screen, showing download complete, how do I know if the update, downloaded, It rebooted once.

Go to the "Service Station" app in your app list when you are connected to a wireless network and pick "Check for Updates" in the left column. If it doesn't find anything, you are up to date.

hummingbirdhill

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Go to the "Service Station" app in your app list when you are connected to a wireless network and pick "Check for Updates" in the left column. If it doesn't find anything, you are up to date.

The last time I checked my Service Station an update for Toshiba App Place (7/20) was listed. Does anyone know what this update does? I've not yet installed it . . .

nonie

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
to download a malware protection like Lookout, is it available from the app store? are do I just go to there web site, while on my Thrive and download it.
I think I would feel better if I had something on it. lol

Does anyone know how good there free one is compared to the pay?

nonie

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
what is the difference is the App place market thats comes on the thrive and the Androidcentral market? will they both be ok for downloading from?

hummingbirdhill

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
what is the difference is the App place market thats comes on the thrive and the Androidcentral market? will they both be ok for downloading from?

Nonie, I would prefer to download from the App Place except it has nothing-to-speak-of in it! :( I trust that Toshiba is just beginning to develop it and that it will grow to marketing something useful.

Otherwise, I go to a site to download, such as the QuickOfficePro site. (I am in the minority here; I'm positive most users go straight to the android market, judging from the raves I hear of the android market.)

hummingbirdhill

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
to download a malware protection like Lookout, is it available from the app store? are do I just go to there web site, while on my Thrive and download it.
I think I would feel better if I had something on it. lol

Does anyone know how good there free one is compared to the pay?

If I decide to try lookout, I will go to the lookout site and download it there.

nonie

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I've been trying to download Lookout to my Thrive, not having any luck. Anyone else downloaded it?
Talk to a support person via email, tried her suggestions, wouldn't work.

Anyone using Kaspersky?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmitrbol