Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Charging the Trive

I know the Thrive uses laptop like brick for charging, which does a fast job. Can you, and is there another option to charge that will not require lugging around the brick?

Doc
    EVO 4G

ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Charging the Trive

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    I know the Thrive uses laptop like brick for charging, which does a fast job. Can you, and is there another option to charge that will not require lugging around the brick?

Doc
    Yes it does. Right now there are no 3rd party charging accessories on the market, the tablet is still too new. I wouldn't be surprised at all if you found another (albeit slower) option to the standard charger at a store like Fry's.

I noticed it's a similar plug and brick as my Toshiba netbook, it's just a slightly smaller diameter plug. Has anyone checked if it actually matches up with another Toshiba power brick?

Global Posts
    282 Global Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod 9

Can it not also charge, albeit more slowly, via USB?

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Fazel View Post
    Can it not also charge, albeit more slowly, via USB?
    I would like to know this as well.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    "Give it time. You will be assimilated, resistance is futile. You are only here to serve the green R2D2. posted by HKM"

If someone helps you find an answer, please Thank them with the button in their post.

Can't charge via USB.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by hogman3939 View Post
    Can't charge via USB.
    Thanks. That was my last comparison to the Xoom.

"Give it time. You will be assimilated, resistance is futile. You are only here to serve the green R2D2. posted by HKM"

If someone helps you find an answer, please Thank them with the button in their post.

Quote Originally Posted by cordoni View Post
    Thanks. That was my last comparison to the Xoom.

What percent does the Thrive battery go to before it needs charging, I understand it will start blinking?

And does it have to be off to charge? or can you charge it while on and playing games, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by nonie View Post
    What percent does the Thrive battery go to before it needs charging, I understand it will start blinking?

And does it have to be off to charge? or can you charge it while on and playing games, etc?
    The battery can be charged while you are using it.
    hummingbirdhill
    THRiVEn and NOTEd 2
    Thanked by:
    nonie