Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default SD cards

    I got the 16 GB Thrive and I am quickly realizing I need more space. Is there a particular SD card that anyone recommends or any that you would say to definitely not get. I was also wondering about the class rating of SD cards. If I want to play 720p movies from the SD card am I going to need a higher class card? Last what is the best place to get cheap SD cards online?
  2. #2  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by packisback View Post
    I got the 16 GB Thrive and I am quickly realizing I need more space. Is there a particular SD card that anyone recommends or any that you would say to definitely not get. I was also wondering about the class rating of SD cards. If I want to play 720p movies from the SD card am I going to need a higher class card? Last what is the best place to get cheap SD cards online?
    I picked up a class 4 32 gig micro SD card from Amazon for my HTC Flyer and have no problems playing movies from the SD card. Shipping and all was about $63, but I do understand some sources have been reported to fulfilling orders with non-retail packaged cards of a lower class. I choose a well rated fulfillment company and had no problem. As I am looking at the Thrive for a specific video roll in my IT Service company, I plan to utilize SD storage for video as well.

    IT Service Professional - I Just Want My Device to Be Productive
    IT Service Professional - I Just Need A Device To Be Productive
  3. #3  
    gsum's Avatar

    Posts
    2 Posts

    Default Re: SD cards

    Quote Originally Posted by S Prime View Post
    I picked up a class 4 32 gig micro SD card from Amazon for my HTC Flyer and have no problems playing movies from the SD card. Shipping and all was about $63, but I do understand some sources have been reported to fulfilling orders with non-retail packaged cards of a lower class. I choose a well rated fulfillment company and had no problem. As I am looking at the Thrive for a specific video roll in my IT Service company, I plan to utilize SD storage for video as well.

    IT Service Professional - I Just Want My Device to Be Productive
    Just bought $50.13 Transcend 32 GB Class 10 SDHC Flash Memory Card TS32GSDHC10E on amazon. Works great.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: SD cards

    I'm kind of an "old guy," actually beyond septuagenarian. Cut my young teeth on computers in the seventies and early eighties. However the ravages of time and technology have taken their toll and I am afraid I don't know much about the "new" stuff.
    Just got a RAZR and love that I can sit in my living room and read files on a computer that is some distance away. I'm sort of proud of the fact that I have installed a mini sized Wi Fi home network.
    Hope I can participate without dragging the discussions down due to my lack of awareness.
  5. #5  
    blackjaguar25's Avatar
    Thunderbolter

    Posts
    595 Posts
    Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oldskipro View Post
    I'm kind of an "old guy," actually beyond septuagenarian. Cut my young teeth on computers in the seventies and early eighties. However the ravages of time and technology have taken their toll and I am afraid I don't know much about the "new" stuff.
    Just got a RAZR and love that I can sit in my living room and read files on a computer that is some distance away. I'm sort of proud of the fact that I have installed a mini sized Wi Fi home network.
    Hope I can participate without dragging the discussions down due to my lack of awareness.
    This probably should have gone in the welcome area, but welcome nonetheless.

    Sent from my Liquid Smooth T-Bolt
  6. #6  
    Celandine's Avatar

    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts

    Default Re: SD cards

    Quote Originally Posted by packisback View Post
    I got the 16 GB Thrive and I am quickly realizing I need more space. Is there a particular SD card that anyone recommends or any that you would say to definitely not get. I was also wondering about the class rating of SD cards. If I want to play 720p movies from the SD card am I going to need a higher class card? Last what is the best place to get cheap SD cards online?
    I picked up a 32 gb Sandisk from Ebay for ~$35 that I use in my 7" GTab and just the other day I picked up another 32 gb Sandisk card, but from Amazon this time for $30 to use with my Thrive. Both are class 4. I trust the Sandisk brand and have never had a problem with them. I'm leery of any brand I do not recognize immediately as well.

    What I would do is read the reviews from other people who have bought the different brands as well as from the different sellers out there on the different sites. Some are more well purported than others. I use my cards for many different things, from pictures, files as well as loading up with tv shows and movies for travel or when I'm away from home. Never had a problem with playback.

    Good luck!
  7. #7  

    Default Re: SD cards

    Since the latest update to 3.2 can files be saved to the SD card and from the SD card???
  8. #8  
    Celandine's Avatar

    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts

    Default Re: SD cards

    Nope. Not yet.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: SD cards

    um, this may have been covered already but just incase, here is my two cents. I bought my wife a thrive and she loves it. The problem is with SD cards. Toshiba wrote in there own file manager and disabled the default settings in android settings. Currently the only file manager that works is the Toshiba file manager. No other will read SD cards and the ones inserted have to be SDHC.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: SD cards

    I don't use the stock file hanler I use EZ File and it recognizes the other memory added be it sd or usb flash

    Sent from my AT100 using Android Central Forums

Posting Permissions

B