SD cards

packisback

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I got the 16 GB Thrive and I am quickly realizing I need more space. Is there a particular SD card that anyone recommends or any that you would say to definitely not get. I was also wondering about the class rating of SD cards. If I want to play 720p movies from the SD card am I going to need a higher class card? Last what is the best place to get cheap SD cards online?

S Prime

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
I got the 16 GB Thrive and I am quickly realizing I need more space. Is there a particular SD card that anyone recommends or any that you would say to definitely not get. I was also wondering about the class rating of SD cards. If I want to play 720p movies from the SD card am I going to need a higher class card? Last what is the best place to get cheap SD cards online?

I picked up a class 4 32 gig micro SD card from Amazon for my HTC Flyer and have no problems playing movies from the SD card. Shipping and all was about $63, but I do understand some sources have been reported to fulfilling orders with non-retail packaged cards of a lower class. I choose a well rated fulfillment company and had no problem. As I am looking at the Thrive for a specific video roll in my IT Service company, I plan to utilize SD storage for video as well.

IT Service Professional - I Just Want My Device to Be Productive

gsum

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I picked up a class 4 32 gig micro SD card from Amazon for my HTC Flyer and have no problems playing movies from the SD card. Shipping and all was about $63, but I do understand some sources have been reported to fulfilling orders with non-retail packaged cards of a lower class. I choose a well rated fulfillment company and had no problem. As I am looking at the Thrive for a specific video roll in my IT Service company, I plan to utilize SD storage for video as well.

IT Service Professional - I Just Want My Device to Be Productive
Just bought $50.13 Transcend 32 GB Class 10 SDHC Flash Memory Card TS32GSDHC10E on amazon. Works great.

oldskipro

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm kind of an "old guy," actually beyond septuagenarian. Cut my young teeth on computers in the seventies and early eighties. However the ravages of time and technology have taken their toll and I am afraid I don't know much about the "new" stuff.
Just got a RAZR and love that I can sit in my living room and read files on a computer that is some distance away. I'm sort of proud of the fact that I have installed a mini sized Wi Fi home network.
Hope I can participate without dragging the discussions down due to my lack of awareness.

blackjaguar25

Thunderbolter
Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm kind of an "old guy," actually beyond septuagenarian. Cut my young teeth on computers in the seventies and early eighties. However the ravages of time and technology have taken their toll and I am afraid I don't know much about the "new" stuff.
Just got a RAZR and love that I can sit in my living room and read files on a computer that is some distance away. I'm sort of proud of the fact that I have installed a mini sized Wi Fi home network.
Hope I can participate without dragging the discussions down due to my lack of awareness.

This probably should have gone in the welcome area, but welcome nonetheless. :D

Sent from my Liquid Smooth T-Bolt

Celandine

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site

I picked up a 32 gb Sandisk from Ebay for ~$35 that I use in my 7" GTab and just the other day I picked up another 32 gb Sandisk card, but from Amazon this time for $30 to use with my Thrive. Both are class 4. I trust the Sandisk brand and have never had a problem with them. I'm leery of any brand I do not recognize immediately as well.

What I would do is read the reviews from other people who have bought the different brands as well as from the different sellers out there on the different sites. Some are more well purported than others. I use my cards for many different things, from pictures, files as well as loading up with tv shows and movies for travel or when I'm away from home. Never had a problem with playback. ;)

Good luck!

jhowle9475

May 7, 2011
Visit site
um, this may have been covered already but just incase, here is my two cents. I bought my wife a thrive and she loves it. The problem is with SD cards. Toshiba wrote in there own file manager and disabled the default settings in android settings. Currently the only file manager that works is the Toshiba file manager. No other will read SD cards and the ones inserted have to be SDHC.

Formerbob

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
I don't use the stock file hanler I use EZ File and it recognizes the other memory added be it sd or usb flash

Sent from my AT100 using Android Central Forums