Ice Cream Sandwich for Thrive?

dt81

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
Wow...I had lost hope with the Thrive...Glad to finally see this. This section AC was getting pretty dusty.

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site

googlebob

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
OTA upgrade on Toshiba Thrive from 3.2.1 to 4.0.4. It is 296437 kb and is downloading very slowly. Must be plugged in to power source during the upgrade. Hope it works.

dt81

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
Ya good luck.. I've had to restart it three times now. Gets half way then says I need to check my Internet connection.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

googlebob

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
ICS completed without a hitch. OS then"optimized" all my apps. Have seen some improvements already. Home screen is easy to customize. Also seems to be acting faster. Media problem I had with 3.2.1 has gone away. Will work on it more tomorrow. Love my Toshiba.

googlebob

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Received my upgrade OTA this evening with no problems. Took awhile because so many were accessing it. After the OS installed it optimized all my apps. Some apps then updated to the new OS. Thrive seems to be working faster and looks crisper. Home screen easy to customize. Previous media problem I had disappeared-yea!

rsolid

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
Everything is working great. The system overall is faster and the stock browser is so much faster. No complaints at all. Better late than never.:)

shadow0314

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
i have been reading a lot on this forum about the update to ICS and noticed that a lot of people have done the update. i cant seem to find the update anywhere, i have been to the app on my thrive to check for updates but nothing. can any1 let me know where and how to update to ICS.

Thanks

shadow0314

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
Go to the service station, then hit check for updates, click the first update, and then follow the instructions. You will have 4.0.4 ICS!!

Sent from my AT100 using Android Central Forums

i have been to the service station and tapped check for updates several times and no luck.

googlebob

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Received mine OTA last night. Had to go to "Service Station" and "Check for Updates." After installing it optimized all my apps. Some apps updated. Seems to load faster, looks crisper, home screen easy to customize and previous media problem solved.

monkeyzero

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Received mine OTA last night. Had to go to "Service Station" and "Check for Updates." After installing it optimized all my apps. Some apps updated. Seems to load faster, looks crisper, home screen easy to customize and previous media problem solved.

Yes, you've now posted this 3 times in the same thread. Thank you.
Mine is downloading now.
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech