Just Bought. Must-do's?

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
hey guys,
usually i'm around the Thunderbolt forums but i just bought a Thrive from Amazon for a deeply discounted price (screw you, BestBuy)

and i've been reading through this forum for the past few days trying to see the issues/tips that people have had & noticed the "tips&tricks" thread---but i'm wanting more :)

1) but are there any in particular that you would recommend doing or things you recommend to stay away from (i heard some say DON'T accept the OTA update)?
(i plan on rooting, btw--so i'll be jumping into that boat of "which version am i--.29?" so now i've got to find the Netflix hack, but it shouldn't be too bad)

2) is there any app that makes this tablet just grab peoples attention when you use it in front of them?

3) i'm hoping to run some emulators on it this weekend to see if it can handle them (n64oid, snesoid) and hopefully--just hopefully--it can handle a wireless controller/USB controller with them (360 maybe?). anyone have good experience doing this? i've seen videos of the Xoom handling usb controllers & emulators, but never seen one of the Thrive. hoping there's just a limited number of Thrive users who've yet to YouTube video it.

sorry this is so vague--it's my first tablet after 3 smartphones so i'm excited to see what all it can handle.

oh, also--anyone able to run a 'Hangout' on google-plus using their front facing camera? i didn't feel comfortable signing in to a store demo unit (bestbuy) to try it out, even if i did wipe the history/cache/everything of the browser.

Last edited:

hummingbirdhill

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to our Thriving forum!

You may want to avoid the pre-installed Kaspersky . . . But if you root you could kill it anyhow. :)

I've read that update 32 has given excellent results; haven't installed it because I've never had any probs with my Thrive. (If it's not broken, why try to fix it?)

If you root your Thrive, kindly give your fellow forumers in here a blow-by-blow account! I, for one, shall be waiting . . .

Reactions: project.in.process

HippyRandall

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Root. Root. Root. Thrive forums dot org for all you need for rooting including a debloated update.zip
The forums over there are a must if you own a Thrive and want to hack it.
Sent from my Toshiba Thrive using tapatalk

hummingbirdhill

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Root. Root. Root. Thrive forums dot org for all you need for rooting including a debloated update.zip
The forums over there are a must if you own a Thrive and want to hack it.

Ya, thank you very much, Sir, but I prefer the use of, and the users of, androidcentral . . .

That's certainly not to mean that one cannot learn from other forums; ac is my personal preference priority. :)

HippyRandall

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Ya, thank you very much, Sir, but I prefer the use of, and the users of, androidcentral . . .

That's certainly not to mean that one cannot learn from other forums; ac is my personal preference priority. :)

Nothing wrong with preferring this forum over another but if you are looking to root then a forum that is dedicated to your device is going to have more info and a community that is focused on that device. Just my 2 cents

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12